Force PAL refresh rates with ATi (1 Viewer)

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I've had my share of ATi-tickets :)D) - nagging about the flipY problem for 690G/x1250 and forcing PAL resolution for same chipset.

I've now bought a HD3450 - but still can't force PAL HDTV (neither 720p50 or 1080p). I made ATi aware of this and actually got a positive response:
    Future driver updates should include the PAL 50hz. There is no ETA on when it should be available. We do apologize for any inconvenience. Please put in a feature request to the catalyst team prioritize the demand for this feature.

At the moment, you can use third party software such as ATI Tray Tools and PowerStrip to force a 50hz refresh rate.

>>>>>>>>>>>

Catalyst Crew Feedback

ATI strives to continually improve our drivers and software, and we invite you to tell us how.

If you are experiencing a problem with our latest driver release, or if you have suggestions on how to make our drivers better, please take the time to submit your feedback.

This program is intended to gather feedback for specific driver releases and not to solicit regular support inquiries. All support inquires will not be responded to.

NOTE: If you have an issue that requires a technical response, please contact Customer Care.

Continue to the Catalyst Crew Feedback submission pages.

So everybody who wants to be able to force PAL resolution in CCC, even if your EDID does not include it (and everybody who want to support us getting it :D) PLEASE --> Continue to the Catalyst Crew Feedback submission pages.
    :D

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I'm a little confused.... I can get 50hz in the drop down box for 720p and 25hz for 1080i and have done ever since I bought this x1950 pro last year.

What is the problem with PAL you're getting?

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I don't have that option ...

EDIT: Btw, I'm talking about FORCING 50 Hz. The EDID in my LCD TV does not "allow" 50 Hz. This is a common "thing" (I'd like to call it an error or bug) for many LCD TVs. I have no problem when forcing 50 Hz with nVidia.

I did not get this option with my X1250 or HD 3450 - not tried my 9600, but from ATi's statement this is now "confirmed".

I'll alter the first post so it is more accurate.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I don't have that option ...

EDIT: Btw, I'm talking about FORCING 50 Hz. The EDID in my LCD TV does not "allow" 50 Hz. This is a common "thing" (I'd like to call it an error or bug) for many LCD TVs. I have no problem when forcing 50 Hz with nVidia.

I did not get this option with my X1250 or HD 3450 - not tried my 9600, but from ATi's statement this is now "confirmed".

I'll alter the first post so it is more accurate.

Oh I see, right yeah I was thinking so long as the EDID had a 50hz you'd see the option... and that's why you don't :sorry: my TV obviously does.

I wonder if they'd do a forced 24/48/72hz?

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I think you need PowerStrip for that - not sure (first get 50 - then find something else to complain about :D)

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    OK, found the "problem" I think/hope. The "CVRULE_ENABLEPALTIMINGSUPPORT" is not found in registry with 8.3 drivers.
    Could ppl using other drivers see if they have this?

Instructions:
    1. DL and run attached file
    2. Start -> run -> regedit (or use your favorite reg.ed.app)
    3. Brose to where DL app says drivers are (KKEY-LOCAL ->)
    4. Browse and see if you can find CVRULE_ENABLEPALTIMINGSUPPORT
    5. Report back. Include driver ver. and graphiccard

:D

EDIT:
    Just by creating DWORD "CVRULE_ENABLEPALTIMINGSUPPORT" and setting HEX=1, I got some PAL HDTV modes (720p50 and 1080i25) - but no 1080p50 :(

Like others have said in threads above,
    ATi is not PAL friendly ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom