Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

I use IMDB+ with MovPic and it seems to work great :D

Except... I still get some foriegn (non-english) coverart with the movies.

Is this controlled by the scraper or MovPic? Or is the issue with IMDB not correctly tagging the images?

Thanks,

J.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    IMDb+ does obtain fanart from IMDb website, but it puts TheMovieDb at a higher cover position then itself.

It is only when TheMovieDb can not find anything that IMDb+ will attempt to find something.

Both however are reliant on what users supplied, and indeed that can sometimes be foreign type covers.

However, be sure to open your MovPic config, goto scraper config and look at the cover order. You want TheMovieDb at top and IMDb+ right below it.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

IMDB+ does not appear in my backdrop source list (it only appears in the coverart and Movie Details list)??

Should it appear in all three sources?

What is the recommended order for all three sources?

J.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Nope sorry, IMDb.com website does not provide fanart (unless I've missed some amazing new expansion).

The IMDb+ plugin will check if IMDb+ scraper-script is 1st/primary on details-node, so that it is 'the' script used to get the textual information. During installation it does this, but everytime you open the IMDb+ plugin configuration it verifies position as well and then gives dialog if you want to adjust position (incase you have a valid reason for not wanting it in 1st position).

For the cover-node however it places itself in 2nd position to obtain cover images. TheMovieDb is much better suited for higher quality art that is updated by a larger user community, versus mainly theaterical posters or screenshots-turned-poster at IMDb website. However if TheMovieDb has nothing for the movie you are added, whatever artwork IMDb can provide is still better then nothing (hence the 2nd position). For modern releases however the cover-art that IMDb provides is of high quality for Hollywood releases, but it usually starts with theaterical posters and is not always updated to optical-medium released coverarts.

But for fanart-node you are stuck with TheMovieDb as its the only reliable source to get backdrops from based on an IMDb tt-ID search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom