Forum: after editing title of first post, the whole thread title is NOT edited (1 Viewer)

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi guys (think it's a question to chris again ;) )

After editing the title of the first post in a thread, the whole thread title has not changed. Is it a BUG or a feature? :D

Same happens (or does not happen) when changing the icon.

old: " Movies > actor info: strange navigation behaviour, wrong header image"
    new: "Movies: ActorInfo: strange navigation behaviour, wrong header image"
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=11356

regards
    chefkoch

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi guys

I searched in German vBulletin support-forum about this problem. Maybe it is not a problem.

The user is only able to change his own thread title within a short time after creating the thread. Then this title is locked.
    What do you think about? Is this good or should the users always be able to edit their own thread-titles?

more infos: http://www.vbulletin-germany.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23769&highlight=titel+beitrag

:D

regards
    chefkoch

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The user is only able to change his own thread title within a short time after creating the thread. Then this title is locked.
    indeed :)

Time Limit on Editing of Thread Title: set to 15 minutes
    Specify the time-limit (in minutes) within which the thread title may be edited by the user who started the thread.

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Okay now i have a countdown for my typo errors. ;)

I think this limit has it's reasons and won't be changed to unlimited, right?

I just thought it was a bug first, but it's a really feature ;) now all is clear and okay.

thx chris
    @all admins Keep up ya good work

Best Regards
    chefkoch

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    Is this good or should the users always be able to edit their own thread-titles?
    I would like to be able to edit the thread titles...I started a thread over a year ago for a skin, and would put in the title what version of mp it was updated for in the title. I found when i did this, i received much better response. With the switch to the new board, the thread title is (forever?) stuck with mp .2.0.4 in the title, which looks likes its never being updated. I guess i could start a new thread with each version, but it has its drawbacks.

Most everything else about the new board software seems to be as good or better than the old board.

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I would like to be able to edit the thread titles...

Hi Boilermaker,

I don't know if you may change the title of threads from the old forum, but you
    may change the title of threads posted in new forum.

BTW, didn't we talked about his, already?

Regards
    Ralph

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    but you may change the title of threads posted in new forum.
    I know you can change the title of individual posts within a thread. i went back to the only thread i've started since the conversion to the new board software, and saw nothing that allowed me to change the overall thread title.

BTW, didn't we talked about his, already?
    Yes we did, you emailed me about it a month or so back. I think what you put in that email and has to do with that 15 minute window upon thread creation that infinityloop mentions. I went back to see the email was still in my inbox, to double check what you wrote, but it was sent before i purged my inbox a couple weeks ago.

Hesse

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2006
    I'd like to be able to change the title of a thread I created a while back. My original idea was to put the version and release date for my plugin in the thread title. In fact this is a fairly common practice in other forums. The problem is that I just updated the plugin and can't change the thread title.

If a user cannot edit the thread titles, can one of the moderators please change the thread title for my XMMImporter plugin from its current title to "XMMImporter"? It is at:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=10504

Thanks,

Jesse

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i have removed the 15 minutes timelimited for editing the thread title.
    so everyone should now also be able to set bugreports/support threads to fixed by his own. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom