Forum very slow loading? (1 Viewer)

sbp

Portal Pro
August 10, 2006
Auning
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi
Is it just for me, or is the forum very slow to load - and especially the last couple of days?

Steen

ingig

Portal Member
September 4, 2006
Home Country
Iceland Iceland
The problem I'm having with the forum is the Sponsored Ad section, for some reason the ad section doesn't load and therefore times out, slowing down the forum.

A simple solution is to put the ad section into an iframe, this way it doesn't interup the loading of the page if the ad provider fails to respond.

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
That may help my problem with the latest Opera where the google ads like to become unchained from their little box and jump down the page, obscuring the text. A refresh fixes it most of the time, but it jumps down again sometimes while scrolling. I didn't mention it before because it is a minor annoyance and I have a workaround for it.

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

yeah, ads can cause hangups. Simple solution:
    Firefox with AdBlockPlus. :)

Flip.

CHli

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi FlipGer :) I think you cannot recommend this here... since Ads are one of the only money the get for MP.

Edit : I just reported you to the moderator, just to prevent a mass decrease of the ads income... don't take it the bad way :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

The response time on the www.team-mediaportal.com/wiki/ site has been slow for the past couple of days but tonight it is worse and it is frequently timing out!
    The response time on the www.team-mediaportal.com/wiki/ site has been slow for the past couple of days but tonight it is worse and...
    The response time on the www.team-mediaportal.com/wiki/ site has been slow for the past couple of days but tonight it is worse and...
    Replies
    Views
    thanks but it is a local routing issue with external (IPv6-)content (like Google). I disabled IPv6 for the moment and wait for some feedback from hosting company.
    thanks but it is a local routing issue with external (IPv6-)content (like Google). I disabled IPv6 for the moment and wait for some...
    For the last two or three days, the MP web site will "go slow" randomly. That is, I click on a link, but the page will take a long...
    Replies
    Views
    Installing other software, especially MP1, which is partly sharing Tv service with MP2, can make everything worse. Please upload your debug log files, if you want to solve the issue.
    Installing other software, especially MP1, which is partly sharing Tv service with MP2, can make everything worse. Please upload...
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4.1 MP2 Stopped powering down DE
    Make sure the "Configure Windows Energy Saving" settings in MP2 have not changed >Settings/General/System, they should be as in the screenshot below. Failing that you should check in Windows "Power Options" itself that everything is as it should be.
    Make sure the "Configure Windows Energy Saving" settings in MP2 have not changed >Settings/General/System, they should be as in the...
    Hi, MP2 (V:2.41.1) has been working fine for ages. I have the PowerScheduler set to power off after 10min, but now it doesn't...
    Replies
    Views
    I have set VLC as external Player and set buffer there
    I have set VLC as external Player and set buffer there
    Is it possible to set buffer size for video rendering ? I play videos via WLAN & Samba and it loads every 5 seconds 2 MB. I want to...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom