lsandini

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Kuopio
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hello,

I happen to read the forums using my remote desktop connection quite often, and the experience is much smoother for pages in text mode only, like the AVS forums.

Is there any option in the forums vBulletin software, that would allow the user to select such a display mode ?

Sorry if this is already possible, I haven't found it.

Lorenzo

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    checked to AVS-page...you talk about a 'mobile'-version? well..scroll down to the footer, theres a new style chooser. Ive added a mobile test-skin there, please let me know if you run into any problems.

Furthermore we can add an automatic detector for mobile devices so you get directly to that skin. Here I would like to know what style IPhone/Windows CE/Mobile -users prefer...text or full? Feedback please ;)

lsandini

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Kuopio
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    That's quite good indeed in terms of loading times, but the readability just plainly sucks, let me be honest.

Having text from margin to margin on a 17" screen or bigger makes thinks quite difficult. Loading the page in a narrower window helps a bit, but it's still not easy to read.

Look at this:

Home Cinema PCs [Archive] - AVForums

Not perfect, since a threaded mode would be perfect, but still...

Any other forum skin suggestion ? I have never worked with vBulletin unfortunately.

Lorenzo

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    checked to AVS-page...you talk about a 'mobile'-version? well..scroll down to the footer, theres a new style chooser. Ive added a mobile test-skin there, please let me know if you run into any problems.

Furthermore we can add an automatic detector for mobile devices so you get directly to that skin. Here I would like to know what style IPhone/Windows CE/Mobile -users prefer...text or full? Feedback please ;)

Hi,
    I use Opera 8.65 for symbian OS, so the "mobile style" added now it's nice on my mobile ;)

tsts, iphone - you need to send me one if i should give an opinion about that :p

Regards
    Roy

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Look at this:

Home Cinema PCs [Archive] - AVForums

Not perfect, since a threaded mode would be perfect, but still..

you mix something up here, thats an archiv-function for bots mainly. We use something similar but as a sitemap (final post here link to the full version instead of a stripped one). You cant use this for normal forum use for several reasons. At least the threadview is not updated in time, you will see much different results.

Another lite-skin beyond the mobile is not planned for the moment. Simply too much work for maintaining.

@Roy, if I had one of these on my own...I wouldnt ask ;P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom