FR: Categories before movie recording (1 Viewer)

hafblade

Portal Pro
January 19, 2011
Trier, Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi guys,

I've got a new idea. At least I haven't found something similar in the forum.

There are two different types of recordings in MediaPortal. Single recordings and series recordings.

When I now record these I've got the possibility to throw them in different folders on my hdd.

Now the question? Could be there a possibility to add a "type" selection when recording movies in TV EPG to distinguish different types of single recordings or series recordings?

So let's say:
I want to record a normal movie (i.e. Star Wars Episode 1). Now I would press record and on the recording screen I would choose the category "Movie". Than this movie will be recorded into the "movie recording folder".
When I want to record a documentation on TV I would choose "Documentation" as category to put it in the suiting directory.
When I want to record "King of Queens" series than he should put it into series and when recording a late night show he would put it in this categories path.

The paths should be customizable.

I would love this feature because it saves a lot of time when sorting my recordings.
Normally he could record into a standard folder but when I know that I would like to store it into my movingpictures / myfilms database the file can directly be put in the correct directory and I only have to run the database update.

The category should be used in the folder definition of the TV recording configuration where you should be able to create recording filenames like this:

\%category%\%title%\%title% - %date%.ts
or
\%category%\%title%\s%seriesNumber%e%episodeNumber%.ts

So here you could than include the selected category as pattern expression.

What do you think. Do you like it. I would LOVE it.

:)

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom