Tools and other software FREE Acronis Drive Image tool (1 Viewer)

winterescape

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Now that you have done all the work to get the HTPC working and setup the way you want, two suggestions:

1) Use the MP plugin "backup settings" to back up the MP config and files
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ings-tv-server-media-portal-45715/#post308533

2) Download Acronis "True Image" and make a drive image

This link is for ver 11.0.0.8311 which is free to download and use as long as you have a WD drive connected. a usb WD drive is fine.
    WD Support

This is better than the "free trial" you can download from the Acronis website, that version will expire after 15 days.

If you do not have a WD drive segate has a version too if you own a Seagate drive.
    DiscWizard End User License Agreement | Seagate

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I learned the hard way, winterescape is absolutely right.

My MP installation has broken for the second time in a month. The only thing that works is re-installing windows. But that, plus installing all drivers, MP, StreamedMP, HIP and Speedfan is lot of work. And then everything still needs to be configured. Many hours that I would like to spend on something else.

I already have dual boot on my client so I have a clean windows install at standby, but I still have to do all the work. Before I do that work again I want to be able to make an image of the working system partition with the complete MP installation from the internal HDD (keep it as a back-up on an external disk) and copy that image to a second system partition on the internal HDD to always have a working system with complete MP installation ready to boot.

Can that be done with Acronis True Image?

VdR

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That would be great. The MP client has a WD HDD. I downloaded Acronis. I will try.

Thanks.

VdR

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom