Free text recording (1 Viewer)

Dave2318

January 23, 2021
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi there, I am looking to move from tvheadend to mediaportal (changing from Linux to windows server, when the new hardware arrives).
I use 2 X DVB-S2 tuners to record TV and play from multiple Kodi (LibraElec) RPI's in different rooms.
One thing I use of tvheadend is free text title based recordings, so I basically setup a recording on any channel at any time where the title program title contains a specific string of text. Very useful option for catching all airings of a specific program across multiple series (I select to not record duplicates based on episode number). Does Mediaportal have a similar feature?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I basically setup a recording on any channel at any time where the title program title contains a specific string of text.
    The base products (MP1, MP2, TV Server) do not support this. But there is a user-written plugin for TV Server called TvWishList that may do some or most of what you want. I say "may" because I have not used it myself. TvWishList is discussed in this thread (135 pages!).

Note: the author of TvWishList has not visited this web site since October 2016, so I suspect that the plugin is now unsupported. However, it may still work.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

For now I'll add visibility conditions in xaml, so at least no gaps or incomplete infos are shown in GUI without existence of AspectWidth or AspectHeight. Downloading the file seems indeed difficult considering long recordings Thanks :)
    For now I'll add visibility conditions in xaml, so at least no gaps or incomplete infos are shown in GUI without existence of...
    The current TV engine (TVE3) for Media Portal 1 and 2 was developed long time before and is not state of the art any more...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 CHROMEBOOK + VPN DE
    I have KODI running on two setups: Xiaomi Redmi 8T — Android 9 running KODI 18.7 HP Chromebook 11-v001na OS Version 84.0.4147.127 (Official Build) (64-bit) KODI 18.7 I am currently abroad and connect to my Home PC (Windows 10 Pro) - the mediaportal server - using OpenVPN client. I also have NO problems using my Home PC as a VPN...
    I have KODI running on two setups: Xiaomi Redmi 8T — Android 9 running KODI 18.7 HP Chromebook 11-v001na OS Version...
    I have KODI running on two setups: Xiaomi Redmi 8T — Android 9 running KODI 18.7 HP Chromebook 11-v001na OS Version...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 DLNA status? DE
    What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't know the current state of the plugin though. That's why MP2 probably never will be certified. ;) Yes, that was also the idea, but it is a big job as all TV's, software etc. seems to not do everything...
    What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't...
    So I'm wondering what the state of play is with MP2 and DLNA functionality? When I started this post, I did see some posts...
    Replies
    Views
    Ok, the importer also remembers the queue of items that are still needed to be processed in settings file. If there is something stuck, it will try again on next server start and probably stuck again. But removing the media source also removes the associated queue. The server's TV plugin automatically creates the media sources for...
    Ok, the importer also remembers the queue of items that are still needed to be processed in settings file. If there is something...
    Hi, I’ve been struggling with MP 2 now for several weeks. Initially all was fine. Then in the client, the listings of recorded TV...
    Replies
    Views
    I have re-posted version 012. Please check that the date is 15/01/2022.
    I have re-posted version 012. Please check that the date is 15/01/2022.
    While we are chatting, now get mad, you know that I said I would refactor the database to get rid of any redundancies. I've done...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom