1.27.0 Freesat listings in the UK 2021 (1 Viewer)

riverboat2001

January 21, 2021
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
So far banging my head at a brick wall seems about as painful as trawling and trawling millions of pages to get a working Freesat EPG in TV Server.
I'm screwed. Can't get cable tv where i live, can't afford a new DVBT aerial. I have Rokus over the house and now no epg.
Has anyone got a working UK epg that doesn't need a doctorate in computer programming?

I cannot be the only UK Freesat user out there!

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Has anyone got a working UK epg for FreeSat
    I use DVB-T exclusively, and I have never used satellite TV, but my understanding is that there is a dedicated radio channel that carries the EPG info. You need to select that channel and only that channel as the source for the EPG. It has a name something like "Programme Information".

Also, you need to select the most suitable grabber for your needs (timeshifting or idle), and specify sensible timeouts. See this page in the Wiki.

Assuming that you have done the above, go to the "Manual Control" section in "TV Server Config", and click the "Refresh DVB EPG" button. This will cause an immediate refresh of the EPG. I don't know how long this takes for satellite. For DVB-T the total process takes about 30 minutes, varying from day to day (that is around 15 minutes actually receiving the EPG, and then another 15 minutes updating the SQL database).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

riverboat2001

January 21, 2021
    Home Country
    Thanks for that, i'll have a go at it in the morning.
    Currently throwing all sorts of solutions at this to get it working.
    Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 MP2 DLNA status? DE
    What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't know the current state of the plugin though. That's why MP2 probably never will be certified. ;) Yes, that was also the idea, but it is a big job as all TV's, software etc. seems to not do everything...
    What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't...
    So I'm wondering what the state of play is with MP2 and DLNA functionality? When I started this post, I did see some posts...
    Replies
    Views
    I've no idea if you're saying C4 HD works or not. But I've scanned in WMC and in MP2, and they both get C4 HD... and previewing/watching it's clearly HD vs the SD version. I've not got my fplug connected to my test machine tonight, but I'll do some tests tomorrow to confirm 100% by taking some info from the recordings (res/bitrate...
    I've no idea if you're saying C4 HD works or not. But I've scanned in WMC and in MP2, and they both get C4 HD... and...
    I know this has been covered before (particularly in this thread) but I cannot get a compete EPG population for all the free-to-air...
    Replies
    Views
    I think MPExtended need rework for support this - andrewjswan/MPExtended Maybe better direct select to TV SQL DB? Or look how MPExtended get this info ...
    I think MPExtended need rework for support this - andrewjswan/MPExtended Maybe better direct select to TV SQL DB? Or look how...
    Hi everyone, I am hoping someone can help with the following. I am based in the UK. I have a family member who has a disability...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, I'm quite new to this forum so please excuse me if I'm short on my understanding on how this works, I've been trying to find a solution for a couple of days but I've been yet unsuccessful. I'm trying to use an old HP Touchsmart (iq500) as a TV screen to live stream my PS2, as I haven't got enough room/money for a new TV. The...
    Hi, I'm quite new to this forum so please excuse me if I'm short on my understanding on how this works, I've been trying to find a...
    Hi, I'm quite new to this forum so please excuse me if I'm short on my understanding on how this works, I've been trying to find a...
    Replies
    Views
    I have now reinstalled Windows 7 and Mediaportal 1.5.0 Final Its all set up again with DVB-T2 working with EPD from Hauppage USB receiver, however I still have the same prob with DVB-S2 and no Freesat EPG and no Freesat channels - only Sky channels, FTA ones that I can't watch. There is one exception and that is Channel 4 HD. I can...
    I have now reinstalled Windows 7 and Mediaportal 1.5.0 Final Its all set up again with DVB-T2 working with EPD from Hauppage USB...
    Trying to get Freesat working with Hauppage Nova S2. Its proving to be the typical nightmare associated with this sort of project...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom