FREEVIEW HD increases resolution to 1920 from 1440 JUNE 1st (1 Viewer)

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Finaly FREEVIEW HD UK has increased its resolution to 1920x1080.

This is now across all the HD channels on the ONE UK HD MUX (BBC 1 HD ,BBC HD, ITV1 HD AND CH4 HD)and looks like to remian thus into the future.

Previously 1920 has been used for one off events and specials eg 3D.

Comparing Episodes fom last night @1920 to previous weeks @1440 and the increase makes quite a difference.

Also the fifth channel on the HD MUX has been switched on ready for 304 HD channel Olympics and in the Autumn will be handed over to some other channel ( i would realy like this to be FILM4 or another FILM channel and not a shopping channel !!)

Last edited:

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    looking with my pc hd tv tuner, the hd channels GEM, 7mate, OneHD and SBS have not changed .. still 1440x1080

what channels were u refering to and do u need to retune channels or anything?

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    looking with my pc hd tv tuner, the hd channels GEM, 7mate, OneHD and SBS have not changed .. still 1440x1080

what channels were u refering to and do u need to retune channels or anything?

As far as I am aware these aren't FREEVIEW UK HD channles.

There is no news or mention of Satelite channels changing.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Oh, and in Finland the FTA channels are in 576i...

Is this for DVB-T broadcasts as that is quite poor and only a match for the old Analog PAL SECAM standard !!

I was playing through some very old files/recordings made throug a PAL ATI AIW of the analog UK broadcasts pre DVB-T, it was socking how poor the quality was and how much the improvement has been over nearly ten years.

I wonder if over/after the next ten years we will get domestic 4k broadcasts

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom