Freeview TV not storing channels (1 Viewer)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi All

Just got back after working away, now find my nice Philips 26PF5521D Freeview TV (2006) can retune to the channels now on 8k modulation, ie BBC1\2 etc, so they can be watched, but when the TV is turned off for more than a couple of hours, the channels are lost and need a retune :confused:, suspect this may be related to the NIT not being stored in memory correctly, most of the other channels do not seem to be affected, and everything worked fine until the last required retune.

Have tried complete factory reset, to no avail, any other suggestions\links would be appreciated, I know philips are doing a OTA update on the 12th December, but cannot find out which products are affected as only DTR220 quoted, also a retune is required on the 2nd Dec in the WinterHill area.

Anyone else experienced problems with relatively new equipment, from what I can find, everything post 2003, should work ok with the tuning changes.

Cheers

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Thanks Jim

Solved the problem with the latest retune, now all freeview channels are on 64QAM 8k modulation, the problem from my TV has gone, yippee.

Still not going to be around much, as moved house, or more to the point, my family did whilst I was away working and my media pc is still in storage whilst the new house gets the finishing touch's now I'm home.

From what I have read here so far, looks like a lot of catching up needs to be done, so hopefully will get a new working MP system up and running in about 2 weeks.

See you around :)

Best Wishes

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi Ray,

Good to see you back! :)

Is the picture quality any better on the muxes that used to be 16QAM that are now 64QAM?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Hi wonkyd

Picture quality is now superb, with no breakup on any channels, using a standard aerial, split to 3 digital tv's, no amplifier, so very happy with that, same for my in-laws, who always had a BBC2\Channel Five issue, now the only problem they have, is their crappy top of the range panasonic insists on putting Welsh channels first, their sony and philips all pick up the channels correctly, even manual tuning, which panasonic recommended doing, is over written the next time the tv is turned off\on as it insists on installing newly found channels :confused:, and there does not seem to be any way of stopping this from happening, even disabling auto updating.
    So I have had to set up and enable a favourite list, but even this is not very satifactory and it does not match the epg guide, but at least gives the English channels correctly with the program +\- button.

That's as stretched as my media expertise has been of recent months, but for now back to decorating, and thats not even the Xmas tree :)

Merry Christmas to you all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom