Freeze after Standby (1 Viewer)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes I'm using TV, but I'm pretty sure the MySQL is not the problem (or it's not corrupt files anyway) - I run a batch file regularly to run the auto repair command.
    My dB didn't gave errors either, all checks showed OK, although there were mismatches on the content of the tables that caused the delay. After switching to a clean MSSQL dB the problem is solved. Then i set up a clean MySQL dB, problem solved for 1 day, then i had the delay again. MSSQL still runs rock solid.

We're expecting an issue with the SQL statement(s), but haven't found the cause yet. :(

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ah, OK. Next time it fails I'll post my logs anyway. I wonder if we're talking about the same problem though - you describe it as a "delay", whereas mine completely locks up (time is displayed as it was when the machine went to sleep) and I need to close MediaPortal using the task manager, then reboot the machine before it will work again. Probably happens about 25% of the time on resuming from standby.

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    OK, FWIW here's some logs. Froze on resume from standby today at about 17:20, had to be rebooted. Only logs from that time seem to be the MP error log, then nothing else until around 18:00. Hope it helps. Sorry if there are loads of EPG errors for the DVB-S channels - our dish had to be taken down for some building work, so we're only using DVB-T at the moment, and I forgot to disable the freesat EPG. That has had no effect on the stability after standby though.
    One thing I noticed that's a bit odd is that there is a log for TV Series plugin, even though it is disabled - it still seems to be opening its database.
    Oh, and as I said before, I'm using 1.7 pre release now, so perhaps I shouldn't be posting it here...

EDIT: Apparently it was just after 18:00 that it failed to resume - there was nobody here at 17:20 so I don't know where that came from.

Last edited:

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    I think I've solved my problem by setting the IP address on the machine instead of via the router. I had a fixed IP address set for that machine on the router DHCP, but it's possible MP was trying to do something on resume from standby before the IP address sorted itself out (although I thought after standby it should stay as it was). Setting the IP address in the NIC properties seems to have fixed it - it's been completely stable for a week now.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Setting the IP address in the NIC properties seems to have fixed it - it's been completely stable for a week now.
    Yeah, using static IPs directly set on the PC adapter is often the best solution. If you want to rule out DNS issues, you could even add the hostnames + IPs to your hosts (file).

But good to hear you've got it stable for a week! (y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom