Fresh install Mp and Streamed Mp Codec recommendations

Discussion in 'StreamedMP' started by Bradley Dyke, May 11, 2010.

1. Bradley Dyke

Bradley Dyke Portal Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Hi all,
    Long term happy user of mp 1.02 and streamed Mp. now time for a change.
    Completely new install Win 7 pro 32bit and would like your current recommendations for codec packs. ffdshow? Halli? always my biggest area of confusion and i would like this install to be as easy as possible.
    will be going for latest version of mp with Streamed Mp, fan art etc. any other tips appreciated.
    thanks in advance.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. HomeY
    • Team MediaPortal

HomeY Test Group

Network Engineer
    Ratings:
    +4,737 / 16
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    Codecs aren't skin related, so you'd better ask your question in the Codecs, External Players forum, but to give you a short answer:

Since codecs/filters are related to the content you wanna play on your HTPC, it's a personal choice on which to use.

As for me: I'm using MPC-HC codec for x264 (mkv), PowerDVD10 as external player (for now) for Blu-ray, PowerDV10 SP Decoder for MPEG2, PowerDVD10 H.264 codec for HDTV and ffdshow audio decoder in combination with Haali Media Splitter (27-3-2010).

Or you can try SAF as a codec-pack.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bradley Dyke

Bradley Dyke Portal Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Thanks apologies for posting in wrong spot. might give SAF a go first. appreciate the post.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!