Codecs Fresh install...which codecs (1 Viewer)

bighick

Portal Pro
July 6, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
So my files are 90% mkv, 8% m2ts, 2% avi. Of my ~ 800 movies 150 have DTS-HD/TrueHD (and am constantly replacing the non hd audio with hd). I have a home server set up on a gigabit connection. What all codecs should I install to get my movies going good? I am currently on MP 1.2-Moving Pictures- TVseries.
Athlon II x2 240
ATI 5450
2gb ddr2
Windows 7 x86
Onkyo rc260 (Does HD audio) w/ 7.1 speakers.

rspierenburg

Portal Pro
June 18, 2010
Home Country
Canada Canada
For Video I'm running the latest LAV CUID for all Mpeg-2 videos and CoreAVC 2.6 for all H.264 videos, this allows me to use CUDA with just about every video I have.

PhilMcCavity

Portal Pro
May 23, 2008
Sydney
Home Country
I have a nicely working MP 1.2 installation. Everything works including HDTV, DivX and XVid, with the exception of Online Videos where many of the files (notably FLV) fail to play. ABC iView is the main problem as I do watch that a fair bit - it works just fine in a web browser but for seamlessness I'd like to play it back in MP.

Do I need to uninstall everything and install SAF, and if so which version do I need to support those formats? As I mentioned, I have a sizeable collection of AVI files in DivX and xVid format with either AC3 or MP3 audio. I'm sure there's an answer somewhere in the forum but with tens of thousands of posts to rifle through it's really a bit much.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom