[confirm] frozen picture and corrupt playback of TV - MULTISEAT (1 Viewer)

tatus

Portal Pro
March 12, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
MediaPortal Version: 1.1 RC2 - MULTISEAT - MS SQL
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3
Windows Version: MCE 2005, latest updates
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 3500+
HDD: Samsung 320GB
Memory: 1024MB
Motherboard: Asus M2N-X (nVIDIA nForce 520 MCP)
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 6200
Video Card Driver: 9.1.3.1
Sound Card: Creative Audigy 2 ZS
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: 5.12.4.1196
1. TV Card: Technisat Skystar2 PCI (on TV server)
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver: 4.5.0.0 (Technisat DVB-PC TV Star PCI (BDA))
2. TV Card: Technisat Skystar2 PCI (on TV server)
2. TV Card Type: DVB-S
2. TV Card Driver: 4.5.0.0 (Technisat DVB-PC TV Star PCI (BDA))
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: PowerDVD 7
MPEG2 Audio Codec: PowerDVD 7
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2
HTPC Case: Antec Overture-II
Cooling:
Power Supply: Amacrox Calmer Fanless 300W
Remote: MS MCE Remote
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

RC2 is much more stable watching TV in multiseat configuration, and also a lot faster. One major problem has appeared here, and that is zapping randomly ends in either

- a frozen picture of the last viewed channel, no sound. MP stays responsive. A log of the client is attached (MediaPortalLogs_24_04_10 - freeze.zip). I walked to another computer and tried to connect to the server's stream for that frozen client. It promplty played back without problems. Pressing "skip forward" once on the remote solves this situation, and the correct channel is being played back. This randomly happens once let's say every 20th' channel change.

- a corrupt playback of the correct channel. Both video and audio are corrupted. I walked to the other client and connected to the stream. The playback as also corrupt on this machine (!). Logs of both client and server are attached (MediaPortalLogs_24_04_10-corrupt.zip and TVserver-logs.zip). I also made a video of the corrupted stream, sorry for the bad audio :) I used the log collector for the client but by mistake let the system to through suspend before closing MP. Hope the log is still valid.

I don't know if this is related to another problem that I had during (clean) install. The server's channel scan only found a fraction of all channels, with both TV cards. This worked well with the previous install (1.1 BETA). I solved this by importing the old channel list instead.

Attachments

• corrupt.avi
    30.6 KB

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Your freezing problem seems to be related to https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...rc2-switching-hd-channels-fails-random-80840/. Try StreamingServer from this post to see if it solves your problem

About the corrupt audio/video, I see a lot of continuity errors in your TsReader.log. This can be caused by a number of other issues unrelated to MediaPortal (such as: bad signal, buggy drivers, unreliable network connection etc.). However we will investigate further to see if this might be actually related to MediaPortal.

tatus

Portal Pro
    March 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: frozen picture and corrupt playback of TV - MULTISEAT

Can you please disable "EPG grabbing" and retest ?

Simone

I have done that, the problem (frozen picture) stays. The problem with corrupted video/audio does not happen very often so I didn't try that this evening. I do not use EPG grabbing of active channel, that runs only when a card is idle.

Your freezing problem seems to be related to https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...rc2-switching-hd-channels-fails-random-80840/. Try StreamingServer from this post to see if it solves your problem

Has just been tested, still frozen pictures. The corrupted vid/aud problem did not appear in ~30 channel changes, but that problem is much less frequent and hard to reproduce. (My wife is by far more successfull in that :-/

About the corrupt audio/video, I see a lot of continuity errors in your TsReader.log. This can be caused by a number of other issues unrelated to MediaPortal (such as: bad signal, buggy drivers, unreliable network connection etc.). However we will investigate further to see if this might be actually related to MediaPortal.

I don't believe in an unreliable network connection, but do you know a way / tool to test this? The network consists of my FritzBox WLAN router only. My corrupt video problem is like: I tune to a channel (no matter which one), and with a certain chance, I get the stutter like shown in the video. When I keep that channel, it stays like it is forever. When I shortly change to another channel and back, the picture is fine, again forever. I know bad reception only during very heavy snowfall. We had sunshine during the last days. I use the Technisat cards that this project started with...

Today I found the MP configuration's /DEBUGOPTION and switched to using UNC paths. All clients are running fine, and I have not seen frozen pictures or corrupted video so far, even after 30 mins of continuous zapping. This seems to solve my issues (?) I will report when something like that happens. So my suspicion is again some problem with RTSP streaming.

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: AW: Re: frozen picture and corrupt playback of TV - MULTISEAT

I can confirm the description from above poster (tatus), I have exactly the same issue. My neighbor too, exactly the same.
    We are both on Win7 running DVB-C, me FireDTV and he some USB thingie… Will try to cleanup both our logs, reproduce the error and post them here at the forum.
    Sorry for the lack of info and logs for now, life @work is crazy right now : (

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I too can confirm the same problem with HD recordings/live tv in multiseat

I have a fairly good network (although only 100mbit), it gets a constant 10MB or so transfer rate with no dropped packets.

Im going to borrow a gigabit switch from work to see if it makes a difference.

I'll try and post logs tomorrow

benjerry

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: Re: frozen picture and corrupt playback of TV - MULTISEAT

So my suspicion is again some problem with RTSP streaming.

Could make sense because I have this problem on both tested clients and not on the server pc.

tatus

Portal Pro
    March 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: frozen picture and corrupt playback of TV - MULTISEAT

Can I test anything else to track this one down? Using UNC names, so far everything is rock stable!

Retsok

Portal Member
    November 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi tatus,

Until now I can confirm by using the Mediaportal Configuration.exe /debugoptions on the client machines and go to TV -> Debug Options and selecting "Multi seat setup: use UNC paths" fixed the problem for me as well.
    Needs some further testing, but it looks like the freezing picture by switching channels has been solved by this.

:D Hopefully the development team can have a look at this.

By the way I am using Windows 2003 server as TV server and Windows 7 unltimate TV clients configurations on MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC-2 rev25546. I know Windows 2003 server is not supported, but it is probably fixing also other users by this.

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Until now I can confirm by using the Mediaportal Configuration.exe /debugoptions on the client machines and go to TV -> Debug Options and selecting "Multi seat setup: use UNC paths" fixed the problem for me as well.
    Needs some further testing, but it looks like the freezing picture by switching channels has been solved by this.

Yes, fixed my issues too!
    Works on my "single seat" Windows 7, a Windows 7 client and a XP client, all running MP RC 2.
    On the different machines I have different codecs setup for testing, and it works on all of them.
    Zapped like a maniac for about thirty minutes on the different machines and had no issues what so ever. Changing channel is also a lot faster and it feels rock solid.

And my only HD channel (SVT HD) works great too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom