Fujitsu-Siemens Scaleo - blinking second line of display (possible solution) (1 Viewer)

krzysior

Portal Member
December 10, 2008
Hello.
I'm owner of F-S Scaleo E HTPC. From the beginning of Mediaportal use i had very annoying issue with external display:
second line of display was irregularly blinking. This problem was reported to forum by few other users but there was no solution...
So I decided to look in to sources of Fujitsu-Siemens ScaleoEV VFD driver by David Kesl.
After few changes, I think that I've managed to fix described problem.
I would like to share patched library, maybe someone who own similar system will try that and confirm that it really works.
I'm using it since last week and so far everything is ok.
This patch also incorporates this fix submitted by michael_t.
Build version is 1.0.4.24669, but it should work with older releases too.
Thanks for your attention.

Attachments

• MiniDisplayLibrary.zip
    30.7 KB

krzysior

Portal Member
December 10, 2008
Ok, here it is.
Since VFD_Control.cs is also used by DM140GINK.cs and FicSpectra.cs then changes also affect on these drivers,
but I think that it can help them work smoother...
Basically patch removes checking of "ehshell" process which was executed several times on each display line drawing, and I think that it is completely unnecessary.
Also "_updateSymbols()" function was called several times on each display line drawing, while it can be executed only once at line drawing.
Finally "RemoveDiacritics" function is also unnecessary since diacritics can be set in Minidisplay configuration.
Like I said before patch incorporates this fix submitted by michael_t.

Greetings.
krzysior

Attachments

• scaleo.patch
    30.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom