Full screen for Nvidia Dual View Mode -Help please (1 Viewer)

KvH

September 6, 2006
Sydney, Downunder
Hi,
I have Display 1= LCD monitor and display 2= the plasma and config Dual View via Nvidia as follows

Display 1 is basically where I control my PC
Display 2 is where I want MP to start in, which is successful in Window mode but whenever switched to full screen mode it jumps back to Display 1. Appreciated if someone could let me know how to get MP to start and/or stay on Display 2 in full screen mode.

Crikey ! KvH

KvH

September 6, 2006
Sydney, Downunder
Hi,
Thanks for the clarification. Having read this thread
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=4521&page=5&highlight=dual+view

all I can say is Crikey ! what a pity.....having kinda out grown MCE (lack of features and configuration to play around with) I was really looking forward to MP to replace the MCE as my media manager. But the lack of this feature really is an app killer for me, now that I'm used to multiple monitors setup and of course I wana to run MP on the bigger screen for the obvious viewing experience that MP brings.

Triple CRIKEY !!!

other than that keep up the crikey good work !

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There is (was?) a plugin that switched Main / Secondary Monitor on start of MP and back again on exit. That might be of some use.

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    Thanks for the clarification. Having read this thread
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=4521&page=5&highlight=dual+view

all I can say is Crikey ! what a pity.....having kinda out grown MCE (lack of features and configuration to play around with) I was really looking forward to MP to replace the MCE as my media manager. But the lack of this feature really is an app killer for me, now that I'm used to multiple monitors setup and of course I wana to run MP on the bigger screen for the obvious viewing experience that MP brings.

Triple CRIKEY !!!

other than that keep up the crikey good work !
    Easy fix: Set your BIIIIIG screen as primary monitor, e.g. via profiles. Working perfectly here.

yesyes

May 26, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have a similar problem. I just started using MP and wanted to have the GUI on one monitor (a converted 14.4 inch laptop panel) and full screen video on the other monitor (17" TFT). So that is not possible? I only really care about full screen video (movies and DVD) on the second screen, everything else should be on the small monitor.

badbob

Portal Member
    May 14, 2007
    Easy fix: Set your BIIIIIG screen as primary monitor, e.g. via profiles. Working perfectly here.

No it isn't a fix. What if your big display is a low resolution normal TV, and your primary is a 19" PC monitor used for Windows/Opera/OE? I can't read font easily on my TV it's all blurry, a PC monitor is far easier on the eyes.

Currently I'm just using Windows Explorer, opening up Media Player and dragging it across the screen to the TV. Media Portal can't operate how I like, so reluctantly going back to MCE. When I had a single screen (42" LCD) it was fine, as that was high resolution to use it as a PC monitor.

thinksnow

January 29, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

No it isn't a fix. What if your big display is a low resolution normal TV, and your primary is a 19" PC monitor used for Windows/Opera/OE? I can't read font easily on my TV it's all blurry, a PC monitor is far easier on the eyes.
    This is exacatly whay I'm doing, with my 50" as #1 and my 19" LCD as #2. It was a pain the first time, but once I moved the start bar and all the desktop icons over and set all Windows windows to open at last location, which I made sure was #2, it's been smooth as silk for over a year now.

Every once in a while, I'll have something open on the TV (#1) when it's off and, since I don't want to turn it on just to move a window, I use the fact that you can right-click on an item on the start bar, select "move," left-click somewhere on your #2 screen once, then left-click a second time and hold and you can drag the offending screen over to your LCD/#2. Pretty much takes care of everything.

badbob

Portal Member
    May 14, 2007
    thanks, that's a solution! I was going to go back to MCE, now I don't. Not perfect but at least I have it working better than before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom