[Bug] FullScreen TV not selectable when using Keyboard only from TV -> TV (1 Viewer)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Country flag
    :

Description
    Hello,

When I use the skin WMC I see the following issue:

Coming from TV -> TV

upload_2017-8-10_9-44-19.png -> when TV is not runing and I select a program it start's with fullscrenn (as set in the TV settings)
    upload_2017-8-10_9-46-54.png When I get back (via ESC) and select another channel it will switch in the Background but I can't bring it to fullscreen.

upload_2017-8-10_9-48-20.png -> upload_2017-8-10_9-48-52.png .

As you see there are no playercontrols visible. But when I use the mouse the playercontrols are there and I can switch to fullscreen.

Steps to Reproduce:
    TV -> TV - Select channel - TV switches on and Fullscreen -> back to TV -> select another channel -> no player controls / no Fullscreen with keyboard only

Attachments

• upload_2017-8-10_9-49-39.png
      upload_2017-8-10_9-49-39.png
      413.1 KB · Views: 83
    Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    When I get back (via ESC) and select another channel it will switch in teh Background but I can't bring it to fullscreen.
    I think this is a navigation bug. IMHO selecting a channel in the Mini-Guide should switch to Fullscreen.

Keeping the MiniEPG visible in any but the WMC skin while changing a channel is quite pointless since it is overlaying almost the complete TV screen.

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Need to reproduce. In Wiki is stated how to switch to Fullscreen with remote: red key, keyboard might be also mentioned, but I'm not sure.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Red Button on the remote does of course do the job. My point though is that I could imagine to switch automatically back to full screen when you select another channel in the not-so-small miniGuide

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose compatibility with almost every new version. And new skins are too 'fancy' for my taste. I use a customized version of the default wide skin with only Videos and TV in the main menu. I use mediaportal for recording...
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
    Replies
    Views
    @Tomkon The reported issue was fixed. The fix will be part of next release. If you are interested I might create a test version and provide the link by message.
    @Tomkon The reported issue was fixed. The fix will be part of next release. If you are interested I might create a test version...
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    Just repeated the fast forward freeze issue and captured the logs.
    Just repeated the fast forward freeze issue and captured the logs.
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    Hello to all you, today after doing some more testing I could again confirm that the problem also appears when inserting an HDD (in my case a Western Digital 3GB PURTZ model) through a hot swap external SATA III tray. (I forgot to mention this case in my previous posts). The problem always appears 15 Secs aprox. after the connection...
    Hello to all you, today after doing some more testing I could again confirm that the problem also appears when inserting an HDD (in...
    Hello, I wish to all to stay healthy. MediaPortal 2.3.1 live tv freezes when inserting a usb memory stick or when mounting an...
    Replies
    Views
    This seem to happen only occasingly for some users. I never saw it for example with my windows 10 system. As you said it doesn't cause any mis-functionality, it is just annoying. It's on the bugfix agenda for next MP2.4 release. That's correct, there are two options: Using the navigation buttons or the mouse wheel. It's also...
    This seem to happen only occasingly for some users. I never saw it for example with my windows 10 system. As you said it doesn't...
    I am using Windows 7, Media Portal 2.32, WMC skin and have 5 satellite TV cards installed. The only error I get when I start Media...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom