Fullscreen TV on launch (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Hi

since MP will be use by most people to watch TV, is it possible to have an option to get the TV fullscreen when MP is launched ?

That way TV is shown straight away without having to use the menus.

What do you think about that ?

NetAdam

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
I would like this feature also, it would put the focus back to my TV being a TV rather than something my g/f and kid play tetris on too often. This is on my todo list but its a big list so hopefully someone else will make a start on this.

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Try TVTool (http://tvtool.info). You can configure it in several ways to do what you requested, this is just an example:

Configure TVTool to start MP, when switched to TV and tell it to switch back when MP is closed. Then you can put it on a hot key or as a link on your desktop or wherever you like. (e.g. "%Program Files%/TVTool.exe /TV")

This would do exactly what you want. :lol:

Of course, it would be cool, if this would be build in to MP. But then it should also be able to turn on and off nVidia's Overlay mode (Fullscreen Video handled by the graphics adapter). Sure, you can't see OSD controls, but the quality of the output is marvellous on my card. And that would be worth it.

What do you think?

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
January 29, 2005
Halle (Saale)
Home Country
Germany Germany
ingrid said:
Try TVTool (http://tvtool.info). You can configure it in several ways to do what you requested, this is just an example:

Configure TVTool to start MP, when switched to TV and tell it to switch back when MP is closed. Then you can put it on a hot key or as a link on your desktop or wherever you like. (e.g. "%Program Files%/TVTool.exe /TV")

This would do exactly what you want. :lol:

Of course, it would be cool, if this would be build in to MP. But then it should also be able to turn on and off nVidia's Overlay mode (Fullscreen Video handled by the graphics adapter). Sure, you can't see OSD controls, but the quality of the output is marvellous on my card. And that would be worth it.

What do you think?

I guess that one could be an alternative, at least until there's an option in MP. :wink:
But I've seen, that the development will be or even is stopped...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom