Fullscreen with dual screen always goes to primary screen (1 Viewer)

nielsvdc

February 26, 2006
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.1.0 SVN Build 12116
Windows Version: Win XP SP2

Error:
When going to fullscreen mode, MediaPortal is always filling the primary screen instead of the screen it is currently positioned in.

Expected:
I want MediaPortal to go to fullscreen mode on the screen that I place it in.

Reproduce:
1. Connect two monitors
2. Open MediaPortal
3. Place MediaPortal on the secondary screen
4. Goto fullscreen mode
5. MediaPortal goes to fullscreen mode on the primary screen

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I think that you will find that because MediaPortal uses DirectShow VMR9 mode, it can only ever run full-screen on the Primary Display?

FreQi

Portal Member
    June 10, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Is this still te case? "By Design" ? There is an option in MediaPortal now called "Start screen" under General settings, but the dropdown list is geryed out, and I cannot select the other monitor.

I really do not want MediaPortal to open on my "primary" monitor. I have a 720 projector that I want MP on, and the other screen is a 1280x1024 LCD monitor. If I need to have the porjector set as the primary screen to get MediaPortal on it, then the normal behviour of Windows will be to open new windows and applications on that screen as well. This is really frustrating when I am trying to browse the web or run a program while my wife is watching a show and my windows keep popping up in front of the video.

I am running Vista SP1 using MediaPortal 0.2.3.0+SVN.Rev17762.

I've tried disabling Aero and switching which monitor is plugged into which port on my video card and changing which one is primary, but the behavior is not desired either way.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    I'm running MP in my alternate display screen, no problem.

You have to select the checkbox to use the alternate screen first, then the dropdown for screen selection is activated. The only issue you have to watch for is MP focus can be forgotten if you do other things in the main display, eg., the remote might not be recognized - then you have to select MP in the taskbar to activate focus... at least that has been my experience. I'm not sure if there is a function to keep MP focused for the remote.

Chuck

risu

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    With IR Server you can select to send remote command even while MP isn't focused.

FreQi

Portal Member
    June 10, 2007
    Home Country
    You have to select the checkbox to use the alternate screen first, then the dropdown for screen selection is activated.

I am shocked that I didn't see that option! I am now able to get MP to start on the desired screen (THANK YOU) however it is still acting flaky when I click something outside of MP while playing a video.

It's got to be something with the video card / driver or DirectX maybe. When I play the same vidoes in MediaPlayer, I have no problems. In fact, Areo keeps running too. Interestingly enough, Aero does close when plaing the vdeo in Vista MediaCenter too, but MC does not disappear like MP. I'm just not cathing the correlation yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom