Tools and other software Fun, stupid, useful, "stuff" you install on your htpc? (1 Viewer)

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    While we're waiting for the RC1 of MP 1.1 to be released, I thought we could consume our time by singing songs.

I'll start:

"Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
    Kumbaya my.."

Ok, maybe not. My ukulele's a bit flat.

I saw in another thread that someone mentioned that they had some random bit of additional software installed on their htpc called tvants, so I checked it out and thought it might be a fun little addition to my htpc.

Which got me wondering what other people have got installed on their htpc besides Media Portal. Might be fun to try out what other gadgets, gewgaws, bric-a-brac, utilities, toys, and absolute geek must-haves that the community has discovered over the years and always seems to end up re-installing all the time.

My htpc is pretty barebones. I think I always install Zoom Player and Firefox and I also keep a local complete copy of Mame as well.
    And iTunes, and winamp.

m0use

Portal Pro
    February 6, 2008
    I allways install
    anydvd(so no cares what kinda dvd you put in it allways works)
    RMClock(so my electric bill is not so fat...now running opteron 165 lowest 1.2ghz@1.0v highest 2.7ghz@1.35v and it adjust it automatically accordign to the need...anything below hd movie/channel it idles 1.2ghz)
    xpadder, really handy tool if you own xbox 360 gamepad
    BZHider so no mouse in the middle of the screen
    vnc well i have no mouse or keyboard on htpc i control it with logitech harmony
    and that´s it i like to keep programs to a minimum on htpc so mediaportal and games work as smooth as possible :)

tom78

Portal Pro
    August 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Fun, stupid, useful, "stuff" you install on your htpc?

Everything
    S.U.P.E.R.
    AVIDemux
    TVxb

Baboonanza

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 5, 2010
    North London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MakeMKV
    TVEpisodeRenamer (I don't need thie really since I use TV Series, but I can't stand a messy filesystem :) )
    DirLinker aka JunctionPointer (links NTFS directories, very handy)
    uTorrent
    Script to enable mult-user login on remote desktop
    CPU-Z HwMonitor

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom