Funky TV in RC3 - Anyone found a solution for this? (1 Viewer)

pmcguire

Portal Pro
November 25, 2006
Home Country
Finland Finland
18102008015.jpg

Have had zero luck with RC3, flakier than a leper colony.

armin1961

Portal Pro
September 22, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,

I've the same problems since yesterday. But when I installed 1.0 RC3 first I had selected EVR. But with this renderer I had only a black TV screen. So I selected vmr9 and I had TV pucture - since yesterday.

Any suggestion?

Thanks for helping
Armin

armin1961

Portal Pro
September 22, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Yesterday I installed Mediaportal incl. TV Server and SQL complet new. Now the EVR renderer works. I didn't try vmr9.

But this morning I had new Problem: The TV Server didn't start. During the start procedure of MediaPortal it takes a few seconds (longer than normal) for the step to start the TV Server. But then, after cmplete loading of Mediaportal, there was no MyTV menue. Only the message that I have connect to the TV Server and I have to type in an IP adress. But I have no client, only one system with both.

Anyone any idea?

thank's

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Check in your admin\services that TVService is set to automatic, mine on RC3 changed its setting to manual with Vista, XP install went fine and all its settings where ok.

armin1961

Portal Pro
    September 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Paranoid Delusion,

:D for your fast response.

Where can I find "admin\services"? Sorry, but it's my first time with Vista, so I have not much experiencies with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi Framug, Thank you, you helped me a lot.
    Hi Framug, Thank you, you helped me a lot.
    Hi, i want to delete a video via the 0-Key (Zero). But other than the focus jumps to the top of the list nothing happens. Then i...
    Replies
    Views
    Just did an update of my system from Win 7 / MP 1.25 to Win 10 / MP 1.31 on a single seat system and came across a problem with the tv server startup being erratic. Approx 50% of the time on PC reboot from scratch the tv server process was showing "starting" but would never start and consequently neither would MP or MP Server Config...
    Just did an update of my system from Win 7 / MP 1.25 to Win 10 / MP 1.31 on a single seat system and came across a problem with the...
    Just did an update of my system from Win 7 / MP 1.25 to Win 10 / MP 1.31 on a single seat system and came across a problem with the...
    Replies
    Views
    It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing this change in MP 1.33! :)
    It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing...
    With my new hardware, Windows 11 and MP 1.32 the TV channel scan is not working anymore. The frequencies are scanned but no...
    Replies
    Views
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video signal") on the TV I suspect the AVR has something to do with that. If I manually put the TV only into standby when TV is playing but paused then on wakeup I could not immediately take it out of pause and...
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video...
    Hi all, I´m using MP 1.30 at the moment and have a problem which also exists on my system on previous versions. So I don´t think...
    Replies
    Views
    @CyberSimian As I have just posted in the MP2 subforum I will stay with MP1 for the time being. Many thanks for all your very informative and detailed responses. I will take your advice and monitor the Scheduled recordings list for the discrepancies you have described. Cheers.
    @CyberSimian As I have just posted in the MP2 subforum I will stay with MP1 for the time being. Many thanks for all your very...
    I am in Australia. My problem is with recorded tv programs. Most times the program title and info are correct but quite often the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom