FusionHDTV DVB-T Plus; no go. Any alternative? (1 Viewer)

eivind

Portal Member
October 10, 2006
Home Country
Even though the card is supported in MP, I cant get the channel scan to turn up *any* channels. I've searched and read tons of comments and tips, without getting any closer to nirvana.

It appears to be a general fusionhdtv driver problem, because I've gone through a long list of MP lookalikes, and none can find any channels. Only the original Dvico software finds channels (and there, its consistently ok).

Conclusion so far: forget FusionHDTV cards.

I'd like to get advice from others in my area (Brisbane, AU) on what kind of DVB-T cards that are successfully being used with MP. If you happen to be a successful fusionHDTV user, I'd very much like to know where the sacrificial altar is. ;)

Oh, and the original problem I'm most interested in solving, is frequent hangs (tv channel picture just stops updating and software must be restarted). I'd also be interested in wether this could improve when using MP, or if it would most likely be a driver thing (and thus also present with MP).

Extra info: have tried with both win XP and MCE 2005. If the fusionHDTV software is to be believed, signal strength is rarely below 90%. (During MP autoscan, the signal strength meter is at 100% all the time.)

A litte note to the MP developers: after performing "autoscan", the only visible result is a label saying "scan finished". It doesnt say a word about the *result* of the scan. It would be really useful with some stats. :)

regards,
Eivind

SSSputnik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 22, 2005
    The FusionHDTV cards are fine. I use a lite one and many other people are using various models of these cards.

You have downloaded the latest drivers?

eivind

Portal Member
    October 10, 2006
    Home Country
    I've tried both the latest official 3.41 drivers and the 3.45 (50) beta drivers available by ftp. No luck :( but thanks for the suggestion.

Eivind

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Canberra
    Home Country
    eivind ,
    Just out of curiousity are you using 64bit of windows xp currently or are you still just 32bit xp ?
    O just for your info i have a Fusion dvb-t plus card and it works on my system

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I'd like to get advice from others in my area (Brisbane, AU) on what kind of DVB-T cards that are successfully being used with MP. If you happen to be a successful fusionHDTV user, I'd very much like to know where the sacrificial altar is. ;)
    I have a Dvico FusionHDTV card and it works beatufully....:)

Oh, and the original problem I'm most interested in solving, is frequent hangs (tv channel picture just stops updating and software must be restarted).
    Are you referring to the FusionHDTV application here? If so, then that suggests that your TV signal is very marginal, or there is something seriously wrong with your setup.....:(

I'd also be interested in wether this could improve when using MP, or if it would most likely be a driver thing (and thus also present with MP).
    If you can't get the card to work properly with the Dvico supplied FusionHDTV application, then it definately won't work with MediaPortal.

You need to resolve the problem with the Fusion application first, then MediaPortal will be fine.

I suggest you install version 3.30.01 of the Fusion software and drivers (that is the one I use) and see if that works OK for you?

If you still have no luck, run MediaPortal Autoscan (from the Setup application, not from within MediaPortal itself) and post the resulting Mediaportal.log file here as an attachment for us to view - that might give us a clue to the problem.

It would also be helpful if you posted a completed support template.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Running 3.41 fine here, so do not think driver version an issue.

possibly weak signal.

These apps that give signal strength are not reliable.

Regards

eivind

Portal Member
    October 10, 2006
    Home Country
    I tried the card on a win 2003 machine; MP worked fine there and could scan without any problems.

I then removed and reinstalled drivers yet again on the HTPC machine, and this time it worked. I dont know that I did anything different this time around; I guess its just finicky to do it "right". :/

Now, waiting for the tv server... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom