FusionHDTV5 RT Gold help! (1 Viewer)

schalicto

Portal Member
August 26, 2007
North Saint Paul, Minnesota
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I just purchased my first HDTV Card and decided to go with FusionHDTV5 RT Gold because it seems like a solid product that works with Media Portal. I know the two don't work seamlessly together but I can't seem to get them to work at all! I can add the card to media portal and it gives me an error that says "can not graph video card" or something like that. Then when I try and use the mytv function it says "cannot add fusionhdtv filter, bda tuner". I currently have just the drivers installed and not the software that the card came with (I have read that the card will not work at all with Media Portal if you do install the software). The driver version that I am using is 4.0.102.0. I have included my logs from Media Portal.

So, does anyone have experience with this card in Media Portal? Have you seen this error before? Do you know how to fix it? Is there any other information I can get you to help you diagnose and solve this problem? Thanks in advance!

-Josh

schalicto

Portal Member
August 26, 2007
Home Country
I am overwhelmed with the response on this topic.

I guess I'll just totally give up on Media Portal? That's two questions I have asked that have gone completely unresolved and nobody either knows enough or cares enough to help me.

-Josh

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have read that the card will not work at all with Media Portal if you do install the software

I don't think that information is correct.

I suggest that you unistall the Fusion drivers completely, then install the Dvico Fusion application completely and make sure that you can watch TV with the Fusion application.

Then run MediaPortal Configuration and see if you can add the FusionHDTV5 RT Gold card. If not, you will probably have to modify the entry in "CaptureCardsDefinitions.xml" for this card. It is most likely that the "device ID" is different - often by just a single character.

I don't have any experience with this particular Dvico card, so my advice is just a guess.

Another alternative is to use TVE3 (Client-Server) TV engine, as it should automatically detect your card. However, I am not sure how well TEV3 supports ATSC. Do a search in the forums on this topic and that might be more helpful?

HTH ....

schalicto

Portal Member
    August 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks for your help Taipan! My experience has been that if I install the drivers but not the software then Media Portal will see the card however if I install the dvico software Media Portal won't see the card at all. The card does function with the dvico software perfectly.

I have read a little about the CaptureCardsDefinitions.xml but I'm not entirely clear on how to determine the proper Device ID.

And I have read about using the tv-server and it might inevitably be the solution to my problem, but it seems like a whole ton of work (not that I'm adverse to doing a little work of course :) )

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    Thanks for your help Taipan! My experience has been that if I install the drivers but not the software then Media Portal will see the card however if I install the dvico software Media Portal won't see the card at all. The card does function with the dvico software perfectly.

I have read a little about the CaptureCardsDefinitions.xml but I'm not entirely clear on how to determine the proper Device ID.

And I have read about using the tv-server and it might inevitably be the solution to my problem, but it seems like a whole ton of work (not that I'm adverse to doing a little work of course :) )

Go to the device manager, find the TV card, right click on it and select "properties". Hit the "details" tab and you will see the Device Instance ID.

Then go to capturecarddefintions.xml and find your card, and make sure they match. I typically just make a new capturecarddefinitions.xml file that contains just the card I am using. Make sure you keep the old one (just rename it) if you do this.

I don't use the TVServer, because I've never gotten it to play nice with ATSC cards. I've been crazy busy in the real world, so I have not been able to help the devs in testing ATSC cards with the TvServer. Sad, but true. I don't think that it works for ATSC. It didn't work for my HDHR last time I tried it which was a month or so ago.

I had a Fusion 5 back in the day and it worked fine, so long as the ONLY thing I installed was the BDA driver for the Fusion. If I remember correctly, I had to install the software, find the folder witht he BDA driver, and put it somewhere else, then unistall the Fusion software. I *Think* there was a setup.exe file int he driver that would install the BDA...but I may have had to just do it manually from the device manager.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Latest Fusion driver v6.1.00.1 & MediaPortal 2.3.0 RC3 should sort you out.

DMAN

schalicto

Portal Member
    August 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Latest Fusion driver v6.1.00.1 & MediaPortal 2.3.0 RC3 should sort you out.

DMAN

Thanks! I finally got it to work. I updated the driver to v6.1.0.1 with RC3 and changed the device id in CaptureCardsDefinitions.xml and it works now.

I guess now I could use some advice on optomizing playback. I'm getting a lot of stuttering, anything I can do about that? I've got a pretty powerful machine that should be able to process it just fine.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I'm getting a lot of stuttering, anything I can do about that?

Stuttering can be caused by a number of things - the most likely is poor signal strength. If you watch TV with the Fusion application, does it appear fine?

Also, do a search of these forums for "TV stuttering", and apply those suggestions ....

dman0285

Portal Member
    November 9, 2007
    has anyone gotten a FusionHDTV5 RT Gold to work? i've been working on the def. file, but no luck yet.
    I have RC3 and the latest Dvico drivers (from there site)
    I have just the drivers installed, no Dvico software (7-zip rules!!)
    I have just 3 entries in Device Manager (WinXP Pro SP2)
    I'll post my DevID for my card up later, if needed.

schalicto

Portal Member
    August 26, 2007
    Home Country
    has anyone gotten a FusionHDTV5 RT Gold to work? i've been working on the def. file, but no luck yet.
    I have RC3 and the latest Dvico drivers (from there site)
    I have just the drivers installed, no Dvico software (7-zip rules!!)
    I have just 3 entries in Device Manager (WinXP Pro SP2)
    I'll post my DevID for my card up later, if needed.

That is the same situation that I was in. Check your driver to make sure it is the latest (it should be v6.1.00.1). Then you will probably have to change your capturecarddefinitions.xml it make the Device ID match. You can find the correct Device ID by right clicking on the device in the device manager and selecting properties (I'm not at a computer that can access that, so I can't give you the exact directions right now, but the Device ID is somewhere is that properties window.)

When you have the correct Device ID you'll have to edit capturecarddefinitions.xml and find the entry for the Fusion HDTV5 RT GOLD and just change the entry for Device ID to the correct one. That should solve your problem, it worked for me and like I said I was in your exact same shoes when i started this thread.

-Josh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom