Future Request for the DeployTool: Make a real One click Installation (1 Viewer)

weissollo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 2, 2007
    Franken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello from Germany,

I would like to make a little future request for the installation Tool:

If you are a new user to Mediaportal you want to have a program which is very simple to use. I think If you select One click Installation it really should be a one click installation. The best way to do this is to remove the dialog where you see the programs which will be installed.
    If you aren´t a “computer expert” you don´t want to know that Mediaportal installs also MS SQL Express 2005 or that it configures the Firewall. The program should only work. The question HOW is not important.
    If you are interested in that you have to use the Advanced Installation.

It would be more helpful if the setup utility checks if the internet connection is available for example.

Yours
    weissollo

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It would be more helpful if the setup utility checks if the internet connection is available for example.

Downloaded it, did'nt you :)

Hey one step at a time, and most one click installs ask a lot of questions (so much for the one click LOL).

Everyone knows the importance of "keep it simple", but MP is so configurable, that's why most people like it, and yes you do need to be reasonably computer literate to be able to setup correctly (nothings easy in life).

Compared to the old way of doing a clean TVServer\MP install its a breeze, you just want spoiling even more. :D

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Compared to the old way of doing a clean TVServer\MP install its a breeze, you just want spoiling even more. :D

Good point!
    Yeah, old one was a real nightmare for new users(remember we all have been that once :) )

Regards
    Roy

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    awww... and next time the suers are starting to ask the devs to teleport into their home and do the installation and bake some pizza in the meantime. How spoiled todays people are?

weissollo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 2, 2007
    Franken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OMG!!!!

This was only a suggestion for making complicated things easier.
    If nobody wants to implement that, it is ok.

How spoiled todays people are?

How spoiled todays people are? Verdorben?
    Hey, I´m not spoiled!
    I didn´t want to issue an order! The suggestion was as much poilite as I can.
    I know that Mediaportal is a open source produkt. I know that the developer, tester, administrators are spending there spare time for making a good product and I respect the people who do that!

awww... and next time the suers are starting to ask the devs to teleport into their home and do the installation and bake some pizza in the meantime.
    If you make a program which is easy to use then ther aren´t so much question in the forum and so the devs can eat more pizza in there home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom