Gabest Video Decoder Problem (1 Viewer)

nokmond

Portal Pro
January 25, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi all, just wondered if anyone else is having the same problem as me.

I'm using the latest build of MP and the built in Gabest decoder for DVD/ SD video. I set the Gabest to 'TV' in the settings, it decreases brightness to -16 and ups the contrast so the blacks are black.

The problem is it keeps resetting the settings to default the next time i start MP and everything looks grey and washed out.

Does anyone know a way of making it keep the 'TV' settings? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as a dedicated opto-electronic calibrator but it's more than adequate for this application and much better than trying to do things by eye (even when the lack of sync is massively obvious, subjective...
Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as...
Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as...
Replies
Views
It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me over the edge for sure.;)
It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user...
Replies
Views
Hi there, i didn't find any hint for my problem but i managed it so far. Just in case someone else will have this trouble, here is the solution. Problem: The video playback seems not to be started, the picture comes approx. 30 seconds after the sound is coming. Not out of sync but very late. If you stop the playback in this time it...
Hi there, i didn't find any hint for my problem but i managed it so far. Just in case someone else will have this trouble, here is...
Hi there, i didn't find any hint for my problem but i managed it so far. Just in case someone else will have this trouble, here is...
Replies
Views
I suspect VLC has some more trickery for playback than LAV...
I suspect VLC has some more trickery for playback than LAV...
Hi, Sometimes when I tune to a channel I only get a black screen without any audio. Mediaportal responds normally while watching...
Replies
Views
So the GT 1030 is ~AU$120 and the GTX 1650 ~AU$260 (based on my local store). Which, surprisingly for Australia, is just about bang-on the conversion rate. :) Cheers.
So the GT 1030 is ~AU$120 and the GTX 1650 ~AU$260 (based on my local store). Which, surprisingly for Australia, is just about...
So I'm not sure what is going on. For the record I am using MediaPortal 1.22 with MP-TVSeries and MovingPicture. 6+ months ago, I...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom