GB-PVR/MediaPortal Hybrid. Am I the only one?

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by KeesVDP, June 6, 2006.

1. KeesVDP

KeesVDP Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I use GB-PVR's recording service which has Comskip integrated and use MediaPortals interface to play the clean videos. I hope to lose GB-PVR as soon as Comskip is 100% automatic in MediaPortal, but for now it's working fine. Am I the only one?

::ducks head and runs::

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. NLS

NLS Portal Pro

IT
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Greece Greece
    Probably

I tried the combo initially (after MultiShortcut was made), but then left GBPVR for the really embedded feel of MP.

4. Roberdin

Roberdin Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I would prefer it if MediaPortal had a separated server/client. That way I could run it as a service process automatically on start up, and not waste resources on a GUI when I do other things.

But meh.

5. P_stAR

P_stAR Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I also use the GB-PVR recording service. it's nice to now that tv will be recorded aslong as my pc is on.

would be good if media portal had a tv service so when media portal crashes i don't lose what i'm recording.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!