[NVIDIA] GeForce 6150SE force 480i (1 Viewer)

SuicideCabbage

December 26, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
This has been my first attempt at deploying MediaPortal, and let me say it's been bumpy at best. I finally have everything working and tuned how I want it, and it's time to attach it to the TV. The issue is I have an intergrated GeForce 6150SE and the card only has one output that I want to attach to the TV, it's a standard definition CRT so the output must be 480i. I installed the latest drives and nView, but I can not seem to tell it the attached display is a TV it just sees it as "Analog Display". I can add a custom resolution for 640x480 Progressive and it will run at this when I hit test, but I can't find a place to actually apply it permanently. I can also not get it to run 640x480 Interlaced, and when I try to test this it pops up a message "Attached device cannot support this". What I want to know is if am I overlooking some setting that allows me to force it to run at 480i regardless of what it thinks is attached? Or is there some kind of registry tweak or anything I can apply to force it to run at the resolution and scan pattern I need? Pretty much I just need to find a way to run a TV with the card in single display mode. The computer is attached to the TV right now, and I am making changes through VNC. Any advice would be appreciated.

SuicideCabbage

December 26, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Alright, so using PowerStrip I got the resolution to drop to 640x480 and run interlaced. I am so close to being up and running, right now the picture shows up on the TV but it can't quite lock correctly. I am pretty sure I have a setting slightly messed up in PowerStrip, can anyone offer advice on what front/back porch and sync width along with scan rate and pixel clock should be for NTSC 480i?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom