[solved] General HID no 0 key. (1 Viewer)

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Yes, remote is making Zeros too on Notepad. Weird, isnt it? Even on all "delete"-Context Menus I get the virtual keyboard. Any idea?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You could activate "Extensive Logging" in the config, start MP and then click "0" on the remote a couple of times. Then stop MP and check the mediaportal.log to see what function the HID handler recognized and what activity is currently associated to it.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You could activate "Extensive Logging" in the config, start MP and then click "0" on the remote a couple of times. Then stop MP and check the mediaportal.log to see what function the HID handler recognized and what activity is currently associated to it.
    0 is not going through the HID handler. The keyboard handler takes care of that. Maybe the keyboard handler does output some logs so logs would be helpful.
    Can you check that you did not modify your keymap.xml.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    My logs from above where with Watchdog and extensive logging on HID activated. So I guess all should be in there.

And I do not remember to modify keymap.xml, but will check. Thanks for the hint.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    I have e.g. in keymap.xml:

Code:
        <id>603</id>
        <description>My TV record TV</description>
        <action>
          <id>80</id>
          <key>0</key>
          <sound />
          <description>delete record TV</description>
        </action>

Should be fine I guess?

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have e.g. in keymap.xml:

Code:
        <id>603</id>
        <description>My TV record TV</description>
        <action>
          <id>80</id>
          <key>0</key>
          <sound />
          <description>delete record TV</description>
        </action>

Should be fine I guess?
    Did you look into the logs to see if there is anything there? I'm myself not sure what to look for. Not familiar with keyboard handler.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My logs from above where with Watchdog and extensive logging on HID activated. So I guess all should be in there.
    Yes, maybe - but it's almost impossible to know when you pressed zero. For that reason could you please restart MP, press zero repeatedly, close MP and then repost the log?

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Got it! This was a hard one:

After the update to 1.13 the Pin Code for File Menu was enable (which was not before the update). So the virtual keyboard was for entering a pin. Would be helpful if there would be a title for the screen with "Please enter Pin to delete the file"...

Sorry for hijacking this thread and thanks very much for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread