General suggestions (1 Viewer)

RedDom

Portal Member
May 9, 2004
UK
As you can tell I really want Mediaportal to be the one! youv'e made an amazing start and it looks awsome.

Some other suggestions to make it even better.

Better remote/mouse support in skins. e.g back button, add to playlist button.

PDA control to allow view of realtime now playing info, browse/search and add to playlists.

Same for video and TV, also view guide and set recordings,

Could be a web interface to do all the above, would allow me to set recordings when I'm not home.

Browser plugin, that allows navigation using remote, and renders for TV screen size.

Ability to easily add 'Program' buttons to Home screen for people who are not up to plugins or advanced skinning. e.g I might like to add a button that took me to a game emulator from the main page. Or I might want to make the TV button call an external program, instead of the built in one. I'd like this on the home page rather than in a my programs folder.

keep up the great progress.
RD

RedDom

Portal Member
May 9, 2004
UK
I know that there are keys for doing both the above, but for mouse and remote users it would be nice to see a UI button to do those things. Ideally an HTPC program should be useable with just 4 arrow keys and an OK button on the remote. To do this it is nice to have navigation buttons on screen and the playlist one too.
apologies if I wasn't clear or have missed something in the existing skins.

RD

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    controls for mouse r all planned.
    We do not want them constantly on screen though since you will mostly use them for music but there r several sections more in MediaPortal.

So we r thinking about a controll section that you can call on screen (right click? or move mouse down?) and it will have controlls there.

So there will be something like that yes especially handy for mouse.

Also, Skin people can ofcourse make this a part of the screen so it will always be there. The look we make is not the only look it can have :)

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Ive cleaned a few up, theres no need for them as most features are done. Consider it a warning, if you want to post actually write an opinion dont just bump ancient threads. They seem more of an attempt to advance his post count, also know as a post 'whore'.

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Bumping is a very bad habit. Users get warned if they start bumping threads for no further purpose. If they do not react, they have to be removed from the forums. "Bumps" get deleted here on the forums. I leave this one (and another one) for history reasons now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom