General wondering about MediaPortal

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Talk' started by JRNeher, October 12, 2005.

1. JRNeher

JRNeher Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was just curious as to why the MediaPortal community uses so many different websites. You have one for downloading the program, this one for forum discussion, another one for CVS downloads, and yet another for reporting bugs. I don't know about anyone else, but this seems very weird and very inefficient to me. Why isn't there a dedicated site that contains everything for the MediaPortal community?

Just wondering!

Thanks!

Jake

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. FlipGer
    • Premium Supporter

FlipGer Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi,

this has its reasons in the development of MP. CVS, Forum, Bugreporting are projects and ideas of community members, which came step by step. They did just raise their projects, it is the most easiest way to do it on its own. Some things have technical issues. Eg. does Sourceforge not provide enough webspace for this forum.

Youre right, that this is not efficient. Currently some people in the background are thinking of a way to merge the most importand websites. See also here:
    http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10142

Flip.

4. gwautsche

gwautsche New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Space

Hi there,

i just read this thread and registered to reply to it.
    So what is the amount of webspace to run this forum and what is the average traffic ?

Gwautsche

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!