Generic 4x3 Skin Please test (1 Viewer)

moesfeld

Portal Pro
September 27, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
First of all thanks to fforde for this great plugin and thanks to the creator of xface for his dvd_coverart.png´s (I hope i am allowed to use it)

Being a 4x3 CRT user myself i created a generic skin.
It is based on (well pretty much is the same as the) the 16:9 generic skin. I changed the Values to match 720x576 resolution.
and only on this resolution it wil run properly (any other Resolution will cause disorted thumbnails and star-rankings)
I made 2 Versions:
  • The first is overscan friedly but doesn´t have those neat DVD-covers in the filmstrip-view(4x3nocover.rar)
  • The second one has DVD-covers in filmstrip view which will disort when correcting overscan via Mediaportal(4x3wcover.rar)

Here is what i changed:

- List view
- star-rating moved from top to bottom right
- the subtitle is now above the movie-title

- Thumbnail view
- 6x2 thumbs (Big thumbs)
- 9x3 thumbs (small thumbs)
- not selected thumbs more opaque

- Details view
- star-rating moved from top to rating field

- Filmstrip view
- added movie details on the bottom
- added modified xface-style cover frames (only in 4x3wcover.rar)
- new scrolloffset feature used [selected item always in the center (only for SVN (20059) and later)]
- fan art faded out

If you want to try to make the xface DVD-covers to be displayed properly on your overscanned TV you have to edit the Coverframe_dvd.png to match your overscan (. i.e. if the thumbnail is offset to the left by 25 pixels you have to add 25 blank pixels on the right and remove 25 pixels on the left in the png. When the thumbnail is placed right but it is to small in width by 10 pixels you have to add 10 pixels on the right in the png .... and so on)

Please test the skin and say what u think.:D

P.s. It would be nice if someone could make a screenshot of the thumbnail-view when it is filled with covers (I left my Movie-HDD at my girlfriends place)

Attachments

• details.jpeg
    details.jpeg
    117.2 KB
  • filmstrip.jpeg
    filmstrip.jpeg
    112.7 KB
  • filmstripnocover.jpeg
    filmstripnocover.jpeg
    112.8 KB
  • list.jpeg
    list.jpeg
    119.6 KB
  • thumbsbig.jpeg
    thumbsbig.jpeg
    115.9 KB
  • thumbssmall.jpeg
    thumbssmall.jpeg
    110.7 KB

gh0

Portal Member
October 4, 2008
i run it in 800x600 and i see no problems at all

DVD covers dont fit perfectly but its not disturbing at all.

i also tried 1024x768 - also works fine.

great work!

kerub

October 11, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I'm running it on 1280x1024 and i'm experiencing no problems at all.
Very nice work, but could you tell me how to reverse that background-fade-out? Don't like that, kills away much of the sweet look of the original design imho

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm running it on 1280x1024 and i'm experiencing no problems at all.
Very nice work, but could you tell me how to reverse that background-fade-out? Don't like that, kills away much of the sweet look of the original design imho

Look at this file , specifically lines 63-75. In the 16x9 skin this is the control that fades the backdrop in certain views. Looks for something similar in your movingpictures.xml file (the key thing you should look for is the colordiffuse tag) and delete the control from the file, then restart MediaPortal. That should do it.

kerub

October 11, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thank you very much =) works fine.
Though i figured that a non faded bg in thumbnail view makes the thumbnails nearly invisible ^^

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Yeah thats why I added the alpha layer. With standard backdrops the thumbnails are hard to see. It would be possible to fade just around the thumbnail view of the facade, but that is a little more complicated and would require some custom artwork. But might result in a nicer look.

poppabk

Portal Pro
August 8, 2007
Home Country
Works well for me on a 27" NTSC CRT TV through S-video (list view). Text is just about legible from 10 feet or so. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom