Genius LuxeMate 810 (1 Viewer)

djurik

Portal Member
January 4, 2007
Brno
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Is there anybody with experience or ideas in using this radio USB keyboard/remote with MediaPortal ? I'm thinking about buy and use it.

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A link would help. :)
    Even for those who are looking for a new keyboard, too.

I read a review about it (in german): http://hardwarecrew.com/forum/index.php?topic=1191.msg1393

All in all it seems to be a nice and usefull keyboard, but the
    mouse-function seems not to be that precise.

They also said, that the drivers are only made for Windows MCE 2005.
    And not for Windows XP.
    Don't know if that's the truth. Maybe it will work with Windows XP, too?

I tried the Microsoft MCE keyboard and the mouse-joystick they have, needs quite some time for getting used to it.
    It has no scroll-wheel.
    And with MCE keyboard you cannot enter the bios.

That's why I bought Typhoon Media Center keyboard a few weeks ago.
    http://www.typhoon.de/en/art.php?p=1632

It has not that much windows mce buttons, like the green button.
    But the trackball is pretty much better, than this joystick MCE keyboard and Genius LuxeMate 810 have.
    And it's RF, too.

Regards
    Ralph

patricon

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I've this keyboard (Genius LuxeMate 810) and i want to know how to remap or use special keys like green button, my music, etc with mp?? I've windows xp pro sp2... can anybody help??

regards,
    :D

ArnoldGoat

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 27, 2007
    Lyttelton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    In desperation, I am writing some software to do this. The basic keys and mouse functions work under XP already. It reads the remaining two HID devices which control the missing keys. It's 'quick and dirty', with hard-coded mappings to send the button presses as Windows Messages to Aaron's Message Plugin. This means you can use the special keys for MP and the standard keyboard and mouse for everything (including MP). My effort is not an MP plugin, but a system service, and has only been tested on XP Pro SP2, and no doubt has bugs in it.

patricon

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Good news!! I've found a wonderful software that allows to program and use this keyboard and also, almost remote or keyboard in the world!! The program is EventGhost, and you can download it here for free: http://www.eventghost.org/wiki/EventGhost:About#Download to use it with Luxemate 810, you must add three HID devices to startup of your project. If you have questions, just tell me, i'm using right now this software with MP... I even add speak functions for all the buttons, and it's cool... for example, when i press green button, a voice says: starting media portal and so on...

Regards,

piranha

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2005
    Could you attach your project file, so we could save up some time on learning this software the hard-way?

patricon

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I'm sorry but the project only works in my PC, but this software is very easy to use, i can send you a screen shot to understand it ...

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread