Genpix Skywalker BDA driver is finally here... (1 Viewer)

captainjack

Portal Member
March 25, 2008
Hi everyone.

A lot of us NA MP users have been waiting for this. This card is the only way for us to get HD.
I have been using MP for years now and have been itching for HD but want to stick with MP.
I will now be buying this card but I am not sure that all functions will work with MP.
Genpix has included all functions in the driver zip package here. hxxp://dvbn.happysat.org/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=53017

I was wondering if the developers could take a look at this and see what, if anything has to be done to support this card.
If a tester is required I am willing to help out as much as I can.

As I say, this is great news for NA users and I really hope to get this to work.

Thanks in advance.

cj

CodeMonkey

Portal Pro
December 8, 2004
North America
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I took a quick look at the tvengine code and it looks like the modulation should work OK as it is now. Specifically:

Code:
switch (mod)
    {
      default:
      case 0:
        ch.ModulationType = ModulationType.ModNotSet;
        break;
        //case 1: ch.ModulationType = ModulationType.ModQpsk; break;
      case 2:
        ch.ModulationType = ModulationType.Mod8Psk;
        break;
      case 3:
        ch.ModulationType = ModulationType.Mod16Qam;
        break;
    }

So maybe someone can give it a try and report back? I believe that you would not specify DVB-S2 for this case, even for the HD channels.

CodeMonkey

Portal Pro
December 8, 2004
North America
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have also heard on another forum that Mediaportal works fine with the genpix BDA driver.
Select the "Use advanced tuning options" checkbox in the tv server configuration.
They also set the "Enable DVB-S2 channels tuning/scanning" checkbox.

Diseqc also is working properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom