[Approved] [German] IMDB_de + OFDB Update 07.03.2011 (1 Viewer)

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    If you recently have a problem with this script, try this one (only small change in OFDB url, old one doesn't give result anymore). Just replace old script with copy-paste in MPConfig \MediaPortal\scripts\MovieInfo.

** Fixed minor glitches in Writers and added roles for actors

Attachments

• imdb_de_ofdb.zip
      4.3 KB

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Script is in SVN so you can fetch it via configuration as regular scripts update.

Neko

Portal Member
    February 22, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [German] IMDB_de + OFDB Update 07.03.2011

Thank you for your effort. Now it's working again.

But I've some remarks:
    - The new script seems not to run stable. Sometimes it still returns empty results and if I try it again 5 minutes later it works.
    - I've the impression, that it doesn't return as much pictures as the old script. The new one normally returns only one picture, the old one mostly more.
    - What about OFDB support. It only returns IMDB results, no OFDB. Is there another script for OFDB grabbing?

But overall, a great script. Thanks for your work.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Yes I know that sometimes it doesn't return result because ofdbgw.org is overloaded and doesn't respond. There's nothing we can do about that than scan again.

Neko

Portal Member
    February 22, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Ok, this is no real issue.

If I understand you right, the script only returns OFDB results. What about results from imdb.de? With the old scripts I get separate results for IMDB and OFDB and could select which one I want to use. That was perfect. Is this also possible with the new one?

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    I didn't rewrote the script, just changed OFBD urls because old ones didn't worked recently and added roles and repaired writers.

Script itself, uses both IMDB and OFDB for details, so if one fail (like OFDB) you will have incomplete results (because most of results came from OFDB).

What I can do to made it work even if OFDB fail, is to get all details from IMDB de (now it fetch only few infos) and on the end all video info will be in. I'm on the half way of that and will post result here.

Concerning covers, you will have plenty of them in upcoming MP release 1.2.0, currently in latest MP lots of things in My Videos are broken so I refurbish it almost from scratch.

** I also repaired ofdb_xml script yesterday so it can work again (just refresh scripts in config and you will get most recent ones)

Neko

Portal Member
    February 22, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Ah, I begin to understand.

If you grab informations from OFDB and IMDB, could you let the script take the covers from both DBs? I noticed, that sometimes IMDB and OFDB have different covers.

Example:
    The current version gives you:

192354.jpg
    (OFDB)

and IMDB gives you this:

MV5BMjIyMzQ0MjExNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzkyMzgxMw@@._V1._SX95_SY140_.jpg

The one from IMDB is the official cover her in Germany. So it would be great if the user could choose which one he wants to use.

So I will wait until 1.2.0 is released. Right?

** I also repaired ofdb_xml script yesterday so it can work again (just refresh scripts in config and you will get most recent ones)

Ok, I will try it this evening. Thank you.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

for me this stopped working - MP completely hangs GUI doesn't respond anymore.

Neko

Portal Member
    February 22, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

It's me again.

The script seems to stop working again. It only delivers length and year, all other fields are empty.

Deda, could you please have an eye on this.

Thank you.:D

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    I will look into it, but just need more free time :) . I know that IMDB part could be broken because of changes on IMDB site, dunno for OFDB part, need to see it's XML.
    Will be back here soon with result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom