Operating System Get 8 pcs Win7 Pro licences and more for $19 (1 Viewer)

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
November 9, 2008
Arendal
Home Country
Norway Norway
ACM DOES NOT OFFER WINDOWS 7 ANYMORE

THIS STILL SEEMS TO WORK, BUT BE AWARE THAT IT MIGHT NOT WORK IF YOU'RE NOT A STUDENT. EITHER WAY, IT SHOULD BE POSSIBLE TO GET A REDOUND IF YOU GET REJECTED! GOOD LUCK ;)

I just found a way to get 4 get 6 get 8 full licenses for Windows 7 Professional RTM for only $19, and you can also get WinServer'08, WinServer'03, WinVista and WinXpPro licenses and other useful softwares. I discovered this in a national forum, and bought a membership myself.

So, how does this work? Well, you'll sign up as a ACM Student Member, and they'll provide you with a MSDN AA Access account. This is fully legal, though a bit on the edge if you're not a student. Either way, it works like a charm, and this is how you do it:

- Go to this web page.

- Click the ACM Student Membership Online Form link.

- Fill out the form, write down your previous school if you're not attending one atm. Avoid using letters outside the English alphabet. This is because they will create a e-mail account for you based on your name, and it won't work with special symbols. This mail address will however be forwarded to your regular mail address.

- Check your mail, and register for a free web account where you'll have to choose a username and password. Now it's time to play the waiting game :p You'll have to wait until your payment is accepted. You can check it by logging on to your ACM account.
acm1.png

- Click the Developer Academic Alliance link in the cyan field.

- Once your payment is processed, you get the screen shown below, and you should tick the Opt In button. Once again, we'll play the waiting game, and this might take up till 48 hrs. Rumors has it that they activate accounts on mondays and fridays. Mine got activated today, monday.

So, now i got a mail from system_mail@e-academy.com with username and password, so i can start picking my software, see screenshot below:

I'm able to download the iso-files, and i can, with some tricks, apply a Norwegian language pack easily. You can buy both the English, French and Chinese versions, and use them as you want, either on x86 or x64 systems, and on whichever language you want. I'll hope i can borrow a Norwegian Win7 dvd from a friend later, so that i don't have to deal with language packs later.

Here are some of the goodies you can choose from:

Windows 7 Professional (x64) - DVD (English)
Windows 7 Professional (x86) - DVD (English)
Windows Server 2008 Enterprise and Standard - DVD
Windows Server 2008 Enterprise and Standard 64bit - DVD
Windows Vista Business 64bit DVD with SP1
Windows Vista Business DVD with SP1
Windows Vista Enterprise with SP1 (x64) - DVD
Windows Vista Enterprise with SP1 (x86) - DVD
Windows XP Professional (Single User) 64bit Edition
Windows XP Professional with SP3 (Single User) ISO Image

Also see here for complete list: Source.

Enjoy ;)

AIstudio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2007
    Blackpool
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    do you have to be a USA citizen etc??
    No obviously , Doh!!!!
    Bit dubious as i am 39 lol
    It asks all sorts of questions about when i graduate etc lol

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2008
    Arendal
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    NP mate ;) And a little update; i read in the national forum that it's a common procedure that they activate your MSDN AA account on mondays and fridays. I haven't got mine yet (expected it today), but as i heard, it's a holiday in USA today, so i guess that's the reason. I'll let you know when my account is activated :)

EDIT: Another update. Just got my account activated =)

jackoroses

July 17, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    NP mate ;) And a little update; i read in the national forum that it's a common procedure that they activate your MSDN AA account on mondays and fridays. I haven't got mine yet (expected it today), but as i heard, it's a holiday in USA today, so i guess that's the reason. I'll let you know when my account is activated :)

EDIT: Another update. Just got my account activated =)

how long did you wait for the activation? I just signed up to try it and curious if I'll be waiting till Friday or not.
    just received a welcome email.. don't think that was it though..

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2008
    Arendal
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I ordered last friday, so nothing happened this weekend, just got it some hours ago. you can cross your fingers that you'll have it within 24hrs, but i wont promise you anything. Another option is to download the image from somewhere else, and just input the product key when your account is activated. But if you do so, be aware of the ei.cfg file. If it exists, it should look like this if opened in notepad:
    Code:
    [EditionID]
    Professional
    [Channel]
    Retail
    [VL]
    If not, then change it or delete it. Some versions has a similar file, but 'Professional' is replaced with 'Ultimate', and that will disable all other versions. Also be sure that the CRC and Hash is correct, so you don't install something bogus stuff...

EDIT: I also put quotes around the images in first post so they don't blend to much in with the text.

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Does that list mean you can select any ONE item, or can you obtain many?

Also, regarding that ei.cfg file, wouldn't you want to have it set to Ultimate if it doesn't matter? Or is the license you get only for Professional and won't work if the ei.cfg file says "Ultimate"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom