Get Harmony remote working with iMon VFD on MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

LukasW

Portal Member
November 17, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hallo,
ive searched very much on this topic, and i found very much postings belonging to this. But i didnt figured out how to get my Harmony 525 remote working with MediaPortal with my Fusion V2 Case (iMon VFD). (What i wanded to say: ive searched for this for 2 days now, found some solutions but none of them really worked!)

Ive configured my Harmony as MCE-Remote. Then i tried to configure iMon-Manager (the Soundgraph Driver for die iMon VFD device), but i do only get generic Keymappings like up,down,right,left,ok,esc through the default Windows configuration. I also tried to add a special config for MediaPortal, but i didnt figured out how to map the buttons to the mediaportal functions (the MediaPortal Mapping doesnt help me i think, because it doesnt work with iMon, but generic MCE receiver i think).

While searching i found IR Server Suit. Ive installed it and configured the service with my hardware (iMon). In the Debug-Client i can see the recieved key numbers, but they do not match the keynumbers that are available on the selectable remotes in MP-Clientconfiguration. When i press "Stop" on my Harmony for example i get
Code:
Received Message: "Remote Event, Notify"
iMon (2025)
in Debug-Client, the configurable remotes have other numbers. MCE has 31718 for thhe function "Stop" for example. I didnt found how to define own mappings here (would the Mapping function of MP help me here? Can somebody tell me how to use it?).

What do i have to do to get my Harmony working with some more functions then mentioned above?

The next question would be: How to use the VFD-Display?

Thanks for your help,

Lukas

TV-Server Version: ?? Where to find?
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0.0 RC3
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Wide
Windows Version: Windows XP Professional SP3
CPU Type: AMD Sempron LE1200 (2,11Ghz)
HDD: Samsung 160GB SATA
Memory: 2x1GB DDR2-800
Motherboard: Asus M3A78-EM
Video Card: ATI HD-3200 (Integrated on AMD780G)
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 8.11
Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio (Integrated on AMD780G)
Sound Card AC3: HDMI/optical out
Sound Card Driver: Realtek HD audio driver v2.08
1. TV Card: Technisat Skystar2 PCI
1. TV Card Type: SVB-S
1. TV Card Driver: 4.5.0
2. TV Card: Twinhan VP-1025
2. TV Card Type: DVB-S
2. TV Card Driver: 1.2.3.8
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cybrtlink PDVD8
MPEG2 Audio Codec: AC3Filter 1.51a
h.264 Video Codec: Cyberlink PDVD8
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2°E
HTPC Case: Antec Fusion V2 Media Center (silver)
Cooling: AMD standard
Power Supply: Antec 430W
Remote: Logitech Harmony 525
TV: Philips 37PFL7603D (37" FullHD LCD)
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Can't say much about the VFD, but if you read the links given here, you should get the Harmony working as expected. (Antec's VFD is a real PITA, if you ask me).

onyx666

Portal Pro
    September 26, 2008
    i have the same problem and also tried all links but i cannot get it to wotk
    only arrow keys work.

i have a haqrmony 555 setup as mce remote.

i installed ir server suite but i cannot get it working

any help would be highly apriciated

regards
    michel

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    While searching i found IR Server Suit. Ive installed it and configured the service with my hardware (iMon).

This is the issue, this is not the hardware (receiver) the field is refering to, but the remote itself.
    I have a Harmony 555 working smoothly with my Soundgraph VFD (MiniDisplay is the pluygin yu need to enable).

Only take care that iMON should never start ( IRSS kill it but if it starts later you are lost).

IMPORTANT: use the latest version to get everything up and running quickly.

Simone

LukasW

Portal Member
    November 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Make sure to install the IRSS ver. given in my last link in the post read -> IR Server Suite to resolve Remote Control Problems - My Home Theater PC Project

(No need to modify IRSS though, because all is included in the ver. given in the link above)

Ok, ive installed IRSS like described on the page you linked in the posting ive quoted. Unfortunately it doesnt change anything. Maybe one Problem is, the install description seems to be for Vista, iam using WinXP atm. But i can try Vista, too.

Where do i find some Logs or debug information about that? The IRSS Debug-Client just shows any activity...

@chemelli: Where do i configure the receiver if that what is configured in "Input Service Configuration" is the remote-hardware?? And what is "MiniDisplay" and where do i find it?

Thanks for your help for now.

PS: my Display is working great with "External Display"-Plugin and Soundgraph VFD USB driver.

onyx666

Portal Pro
    September 26, 2008
    i installed as on the link, i(i have vista) i enabled minidisplay but nothing has changed
    (now even the arrows are not working with remote anymore)
    how do i have to set the input service config (i have harmony set to mce remote)

and how do i have to set the plugin settings (mce or abstract)

waskol

Portal Pro
    October 16, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    I repeat what I have written here and here on the forum :)

Hello, may be are you in the same case I was.
    Hopefully I've found a working solution.
    For info :
    - My PC Case is an Antec Micro Fusion 350 with a Soundgraph LCD OEM (USB)
    - my IMon VFD OEM firmware version : 0x38102
    - my iMon Manager : 7.40.xxxx

1) What is your firmware version ? (shown in Imon Manager in the Hardware/updates section)
    2) Which remote do you use (logitech harmony set up as MCE remote or MCE remote ? If so, MCE remote won't work with Cyberdisplay : in this case iMon manager should be configured for a RM200 remote, and if you use a logitech harmony it should be setup as a "Soundgraph/iMon Pad remote".

See this extract of one of my Posts (click here to see it ) :
    Exactly, and that's it !

Finally, yesterday I configured also my logitech harmony as a RM200 (iMon Pad Remote Controller in the Logitech software). Everything is running fine now.

I was obliged to configure the iMon manager in order to not display the knob like widget (the kind of circle that displays the RC commands on the desktop), because it was displaying over the MP window each time I was pressing a key of my remote.
    (Note : there is a dropdownlist in iMon Manager, somewhere... can't remember where exactly, but is is in the "remote" section if I am right)

I had then two minor issues :
    - First : the logitech harmony seems to throw IR commands to fast or in double so that it looks like when I press enter on my RC, MP receives the "enter" key command twice in a throw.

I partially solved the issue by adjusting the keyboard delay and repetition settings (which can be done from within iMon manager" or Control panel). I do not have this issue with the little mini remote I got with my case.

And I solved totally this issue like this:
    Just a few settings to modify (delays, repeat) in the Logitech Harmony programmation :
    - device/settings/delays or device/settings/troubleshoot/... for the delays (I set it to 100/300/150 in the fields)
    - devices/troubleshoot/responds to some commands... for the number of repeat (set to 2 by default, I set it up on 1 )

- Second : my remote starts as a "mouse", even if I check the "Enforce keyboard" setting in cyberdisplay.
    (Note : I found a solution with the way Cyberdisplay is loading iMon manager in the "Advanced" settings of the plugin . I post my config this evening)

Anyway, it is a lot better than before.
    I modified a bit my original message in order to have something up to date

Finally I do not use IRSS : it meets the same issue if set up in order to receive MCE remote signals. When Cyberdisplay/Minidisplay is running, MCE remote signal do not work, only iMon remote signals are handled !

I hope that will help you :)

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Just to cleat things a bit:

I'm running MiniDisplay + IRSS (latest version self compiled). The latter is configured as "MCE" and not as "iMON".
    I have a perfectly working Harmony 555 remote configured as MCE.

VFD with 0x30 firmware and iMON 7.40.806 ( installed but not running ).
    What can do the trick is the firmware, maybe new ones are behaving in a different way...

Simone

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom