Get xmltv data, then fine tune it with more detailed schedules from external provider (1 Viewer)

felix_clerc

Portal Pro
October 28, 2009
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Hello,

I'm using xmltv (feeded up by mc2xml) for my EPG, but found out that some programs are not detailed in it.
For example, TSR 2 (Swiss french TV channel 2) got a program running everyday for kids that last for about 2 hours, called "mabule".
In the data I get, the 2 hours program is a "block".

On a dedicated website for this program are detailed schedules, that says for example that this cartoon is scheduled at that time on that day during the whole week. Example: samsam is scheduled from 8:40 to 8:46 everyday.
With the xmltv epg settings, I can only record the whole "mabule" program from 07:00 to 09:00 and then have to manually cut my record for this 6 mins lenght episode.

Is there a way to use xmltv for generic purpose EPG, then fine tune it using an external grabber, thus allowing me to narrow down my programming to only record that subset of the whole show?

My son (and myself) would appreciate any help on this.

TIA
Felix

ap90033

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: Get xmltv data, then fine tune it with more detailed schedules from external prov

It would be nice if we could pull down info from imdb.com like Season and Episode number using this process as well. :)

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Re: Get xmltv data, then fine tune it with more detailed schedules from external prov

Is there a way to use xmltv for generic purpose EPG, then fine tune it using an external grabber, thus allowing me to narrow down my programming to only record that subset of the whole show?
    Do you have a specific external grabber in mind, or do you plan to build your own?
    Building your own can start as something trivial (read tvguide.xml, parse it and fetch some inf from specific sites) and can quickly get rather complex. It all depends on where and how you plan to get the data from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom