Getting ATI remote to work in Vista... :-)

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Talk' started by pshdo, February 17, 2008.

1. pshdo

pshdo Portal Pro

Electrical engeneer
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi there....

Maybe this is common sence, but i have had some time figure it out..... :confused:

I have been playing a little with getting the ATI remote winder to work on Windows Vista 64bit, and finally i got it.....:D

First i tried the X10 drivers as the MP configuration suggest, but that will not install in Vista 64bit.

Then i found a new ATI 64bit driver on the ATI/AMD site....
    - and i installed it.....
    Now the remote works, but when i enable it in Mediaportal it jumps 2 times for each time i push the button (one for MP and one for Windows)..... hmmmm.....

Then i found out that if i set the windows driver to recive on a specific channel, and if it is then set to recive on a channel that my remote don´t transmit on, it all works as it should......
    (I only use my remote for MP anyway....)

- now i only get one move for each button i push, as only MP recives the signal.... :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!