Getting back to the main menu (1 Viewer)

Smorgon Magma

September 23, 2009
Home Country
I've installed Mediaportal and eventhost and Hip so that I can use a generic IR controller to navigate around in Mediaportal. Overall, fairly straightforward to set up and everything works fine - mostly.

I'm trying to configure one of the remote buttons to take me back to the main screen but there doesn't seem to be any way to do it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Smorgon

ItsAllNew

Portal Member
June 16, 2009
Perth
Home Country
Home...

Smorgon,

If you map a key to the Keyboard H {ome]This should do the trick.

At least from the keyboard as a shortcut it works.

Good luck,

HEATH

Smorgon Magma

September 23, 2009
Home Country
Here's some more info

Thanks guys for the quick response. I've been working with a Logitech diNovo mini and pressed H and it went right back to the start.

I was trying to map a button the IR remote to do the same thing using the Mediaportal support that I downloaded for Eventghost. In the end I found that Mediaportal:start is the one and I was able to map an IR code to it and it works.

For interest, I'm using a fitPC 2 which has IR built in but needs Eventghost to map the inputs. It all has to be done by hand for each button. I read that Mediaportal supports several remotes but I'm not sure how they'd be mapped into Mediaportal functions. As it stands, I can do most things with the mapping that I've managed to achieve but Mediaportal seems to have a lot more functions going on than I've been able to map the remote to access.

I'm still learning but the combination of fitPC 2, Medialportal, Eventghost, Hip etc. has given me a very tiny and very cool home theatre solution. The only thing now is that the fitPC 2 unit needs an external USB TV tuner.

Cheers,

Smorgon

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom