getting X10 remote working (1 Viewer)

igrun604

Portal Member
June 25, 2007
Hi Everyone,

I am unable to get my X10 "mp3 remote" (Model UR51A) working with MediaPortal 0.2.3.0 RC1.

I connected the receiver (MR26A) to COM1 and double checked that the port is on in the BIOS and the red light is on the receiver. I also used HyperTerminal to make sure that the receiver is actually receiving signal from remote, I got a different code (albeit not readable) for each button press.

I've installed the snapstream driver as directed to from the "Remote" page of the configuration. The status message on that screen now says that "The X10 Driver is Installed".

I've selected "other" as the X10 remote type.

I clicked on "Learn" and the on "Start Learning"

However, here no matter how many buttons I press on the remote, nothing happens - no learning so to speak. Moreover, the remote does nothing in the actual mediaportal screen.

The configuration.log file and it doesn't show any problems!

2007-06-25 14:59:47.687500 [Info.][Config Main]: MAP: using default mappings for Other X10
2007-06-25 14:59:47.703125 [Info.][Config Main]: X10Remote: Start Other
2007-06-25 14:59:47.703125 [Info.][Config Main]: x10Remote:Initialized

tuyenle

February 26, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I've posted somewhere in the forum about solving the problem (excuse me because I'm new to MP). I've same X10 remote (Model UR51A) with receriver (MR26A). I've tried snapstream driver and it's still not working. Then, after installing BOOM 2000 from X10 web site, my X10 remote is now working with MP. I've selected "other" as X10 remote and too and the configuration had setup most MP function for the X10 remote so I don't need to learn. However, I've found out that I can use "Mapping" to setup the key action to work as my need. Some key that I don't use often so I reconfigure to be something else. Anyone know how to remove the snapstream driver because I'm afraid it conflict with BOOM 2000. I'm keep snapstream driver and BOOM 2000 in my PC without running it. Afraid if uninstalling them lost the X10 remote functionality. Good Luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom