GMail plugin opinion (1 Viewer)

Coolweb

Portal Member
September 11, 2007
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
As asked I open a thread about the plugin.
For the question about Google Chat, for the moment I only work on mail functionality.
Later maybe I'll search how to implement it.

For my remark about the default mail plugin I apologize if it works with GMail, but I don't know why for me it doesn't work.:sorry:

vanderstok

Portal Member
February 17, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have installed the plugin using MPI, but it doesn't show up anywhere???? Not in setup under plugins nor in MP itself.....

Coolweb

Portal Member
September 11, 2007
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Installation ...

Strange, I have no problem with the MPI, have you selected BlueTwo during install?
Normally, you should see in the directory Plugins/Windows of mediaportal the following files:
GMail.MediaPortal.Plugin.dll
MceGmailAddin.Business.dll
MceGmailAddin.Entity.dll
MceGmailAddin.Data.dll
Pop3MailClient.dll

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Coolweb - Thanks for starting this plugin!

First, could you use english as an language for the prompts on the configuration: "Comptes Gmail esitants", button: "Ajouter", "Nouveau comte Gmail", "Adresse Gmail", "Mot de passe"?

Second, After I installed the .mpi file and started the configuration I see three plugins labeled GmailPlugin and when I tried to configure each of them - they seemed to be the same plugin. Why is that? I see the following dll files: GMail.MediaPortal.Plugin, GoogleConnectorLib, MceGmailAddin.Business, MceGmailAddin.Data, and MceGmailAddin.Entity

Third, I could not add my gmail address! I first tried my address without the gmail domainname and it didn't like that, then I gave it my complete email address (with the @ and gmail.com) and that also gave the same error "The email address is invalid"

Coolweb

Portal Member
    September 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Thanks to test the plugin.

1. For the english, I'll do it
    2. For the 3 config items, I know and it 'll be corrected in the next version
    3. For your email address, I used a reg expression to check email, I 'll verify the expression

trisixnine

Portal Member
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Thanks to test the plugin.

1. For the english, I'll do it
    2. For the 3 config items, I know and it 'll be corrected in the next version
    3. For your email address, I used a reg expression to check email, I 'll verify the expression

Hi coolweb, could you explain better the 3rd point and however, could you write us the correct way to be able to use this great plugin (ie: port number for gmail, and example of gmail address or whatever...) ?

Thanks a lot for your work!

Coolweb

Portal Member
    September 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    ok,

first the plugin is in beta (there are a lot of errors...).

Why do you want to change port number, it is always port 995 for Gmail, no?:confused:
    For the email address I'll check in my code the mask that I use to verify that an email address is correct.

trisixnine

Portal Member
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    ok,

first the plugin is in beta (there are a lot of errors...).

Why do you want to change port number, it is always port 995 for Gmail, no?:confused:
    For the email address I'll check in my code the mask that I use to verify that an email address is correct.

Ok, sorry I haven't understood that was a beta version, however more explanation make possible to use it better

anyway, I don't want to use another port instead 995, but only know which one is needed to use.

My regards (also if you aren't give me yours) ;)

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Coolweb - Until the configuration is working correctly, could you tell me if there should be an XML file (storing the username and password) and if so, how should that file be formatted? Once you give us that information I will go ahead and create it and test some more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom