Going from Analog -> DVB-C (Comhem, Sweden) (1 Viewer)

johans

Portal Member
October 31, 2006
Hi,

I've been using MP v1.0.0.0 (no tv-server) for a few years now together with a hauppauge PVR-500 dual-tuner card and I'm now thinking about going digital (Cable).

I have a few questions though:

There seems to be very few if any, dual-tuner DVB-C cards out there, do I need two single-tuner cards to be able to view and/or record two different channels?

If that's the case, do I need dual comhem-smartcards (syskonabbonemang)?

Thanks,
Johan

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hej!

I don't have any experience of Comhem (I'm running boxer), but you can record all FTA channels with one card as long they are on the same MUX (frequency). (This applies when using TV-server.)
    This also applies for scrambled channels if your CA-module can handle more than one channel.

/tompa

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hej!

I don't have any experience of Comhem (I'm running boxer), but you can record all FTA channels with one card as long they are on the same MUX (frequency). (This applies when using TV-server.)
    This also applies for scrambled channels if your CA-module can handle more than one channel.

/tompa

Hello,
    is there any way to know what channels are on the same 'mux' (without a dvb-c card available)?
    Thanks.
    Ruud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom