good buy 1080 hello 2160?!?!? (1 Viewer)

Tazzios

Portal Pro
November 7, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
3840×2160p also known as ultra HD. It is already in use in Japan.

only usefull on 50" and bigger.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Would be typcal of Apple to go for something "noone" else does. Why can't they all just work on the same 4K format and make it open source?

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    ~Apple tend to pick up someone else's idea and make it look nice.
    I don't believe they've come up with an original idea in about 30 years!

Also, with all the ultra, mega extreme etc. prefixes, what happens when they run out?
    Will we get megaUltraExtremeTotallyAwesome HD @ 21600? :D

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    They should start by getting AppleTV to play 720p High Profile or maybe even 1080p ;)

AIstudio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2007
    Blackpool
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Well from the sources they think that TV's will be in your living room by 2022. My eye sight will be screwed by then so I dont think i will need it lol.
    To be honest how far do you really need to go with the res.
    To me 1080 on a 50" screen at 8-10ft looks as crisp as it ever needs to be. I can understand if you have a 65" screen or something but is it REALLY necessary?
    Personally I think they just like to push and push with things because they can. That doesnt mean that everyone is going to ditch 1080 sets and rush out buying these though.

Just my opinions

regards

Kev

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Soon my eyes will run at a lower res than movies :(
    I tested out a few test movies on friends @ SD and HD and mostly people couldn't tell the difference...

Because we can because we should

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

That was it! :) I had to set it to "Maintain display scaling". I think it was set to "Maintain Aspect Ratio", which added black bars to MediaPortal when playing videos that didn't conform to a strict 16:9 ratio, I suppose. Thanks to everyone for the patience and help, I can finally enjoy videos fully.
    That was it! :) I had to set it to "Maintain display scaling". I think it was set to "Maintain Aspect Ratio", which added black...
    I'm running MePo in 1080p to my 4K TV (because my Intel NUC HTPC ain't powerful enough to run in 4K) and for some videos, I see...
    Replies
    Views
    Pfff, amazing MadVR instead of (the good one) EVR. Watched 240p movies given by my family on Full HDTV. What can I say : For 240p, less macroblocks, better smoothed. For all : More transparency, more mirroring (example, reflects pictures on cars, on flasks of water). When available, it is worth to take time to configure MadVR, at the...
    Pfff, amazing MadVR instead of (the good one) EVR. Watched 240p movies given by my family on Full HDTV. What can I say : For 240p...
    Hello all, I found a possible conflict between madVR and MP ViewModeSwitcher Plugin. But, because it's hardware and specific...
    Replies
    Views
    That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of things; the deployment tool for 1.32 doesn't remove the previous version when you're updating from 1.31 to 1.32 and "MediaPortal TV Server" gets installed even when you choose to install the client only. I...
    That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of...
    I have performed client installations of 1.32 64-Bit on four machines using the central configuration setup on Windows 10 Pro...
    Replies
    Views
    If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted during the reinstall of MP. I also had to do the same with TRAKT which had some issues too that were not apparent at the time. All is well once again. :cool:
    If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted...
    After much trial and error and comparing this computer with another that was working, I finally found out that Fanarthandler...
    Replies
    Views
    Glückwunsch zum Erfolg, auch wenn der Weg mehr als steinig war und ich Niemandem Vergleichbares wünsche.
    Glückwunsch zum Erfolg, auch wenn der Weg mehr als steinig war und ich Niemandem Vergleichbares wünsche.
    Vorbemerkung: UPH-Zitate stammen von deren Webpräsenz, die Zitate von Cyberlink und Intel sind ebenfalls von deren Webpräsenz...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom