Got a dvb card and live in North America? Come here! (1 Viewer)

Vote for NA Sats... there is no wrong answer!

• Total voters

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    This poll is NOT a feature request... Maybe it should be moved to a better suited forum. If you own a satelite card in North America and would like to be able to scan and view channels in the future... than vote. If this does not apply.. then Don't!

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT!

jburnette

Portal Pro
    August 24, 2006
    Kentucky
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Please excuse my ignorance in this, but I have directv and it works flawlessly with MP (minus the whole 2 seconds to change the channel thing). I assume you have dish network?

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    Dishnetwork is one of the Satelites you can pull down using a DVB card... Many people are doing it now with other software... it would be nice if it worked in MP. Check the Forums, many people are scanning the sats.. but get no channels...

jburnette

Portal Pro
    August 24, 2006
    Kentucky
    Home Country
    Was not aware of that. Sounds nice, though. If MP supported this, I'd definitely look into doing that for myself. Thanks for bringing this up.

natrlhy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Home Country
    I have DirecTV as well and would love to see ANY support added for North America Satellite support! ;)

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I am using a skystar 2.... Directv has always been different than dish... I know you can pull down Dish.. but I am almost positive you can't do the same thing with directv. The fix would hopfully include all the settings we need to test out both.

CodeMonkey

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2004
    North America
    Home Country
    DirectTV is out of the question unless you use the current solution involving the DirectTV IRD and having its output go to the MP machines capture card. Dish Network could work with a DVB card and not have a need for the IRD. Dish network uses the standard, DirectTV does not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom