[ATI] Got a strange issue! (1 Viewer)

ctaylor80

Portal Member
April 19, 2011
Home Country
Hey guys, got a strange issue here. up until now i have been running mediaportal fine, connect via ''ON BOARD'' HDMI to my LED samsung. I recently purchase a ATI 5570 card which fits nice and works from what I can see ok so far. The video card has a HDMI port so I used that being that its on the video card and connected that to the HDMI on the TV. All working with sound TV/Movies ok....BUT I didnt happen to notice that Channel 10 the image quality when watching TV shakes and vibrates, leaving a little flickering line down the bottom of the screen...I then noticed its doing it on the other channels but ever so slightly...call me picky but its really anoying!.

So to sum up im running a Hauppage 2200 with a ATI 5570 1gb videcard. Before running this onboard I never had this issue????

do you think its somthing to do with drivers?, or configuration of the Video card or Tuner card?... I also saw a post on another forum that a fix may be to use a HDMI convertor, eg using the DVI on the card via HDMI...hmmm but I will lose the sound?

oh an btw It has no issues when watching movies..all good there jus when your watching TV...

confused...:confused:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

Might have been best to post this in your other thread as the topics are very closely related. ;)

In any case, my first question would be what refresh rate is your TV set operating at, and does it match the refresh rate of your TV content (presumably 50 Hz since you're in Australia) and movies? Also, have you got VSYNC activated?

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom