[Skin] GPU Accelerated loading of fanart/images (1 Viewer)

GrandDK

Portal Member
January 2, 2011
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I figured it out there was 1 more line to change to include all .dds files. Thumbs was the missing link (cover thumbs that is)

Code:
UPDATE movie_info SET coverthumbfullpath = replace(coverthumbfullpath , '.jpg', '.dds') WHERE coverthumbfullpath LIKE '%.jpg%';

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    While this thread is being bumped - did any of these DDS changes ever make it into the TVSeries/MovingPicures/FanArtHandler plugins? Or is it still a manual task?

:D

Kingmob

Portal Pro
    August 27, 2007
    Rotterdam
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It sounds really nice, I'm gonna test it when I get home. It might be just what I'm looking for to speed up StreamedMP.
    I definately support the idea of these plugins supporting it natively. I also think MP itself could benefit from a GPU accelerated approach, or is that already done?

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    So how much of a speedup is actually gained by using this? Can someone who already tried it share his/her experience?

:D

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    I tried to play with it, and didn't found anything so big to use this (fanart speed is tweaked by cul8er in his sample for beta relase so speed change is no issue), image files are so big so if you have big fanart collection you will need one HD only for images :).

matejdro

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    I did not get much speedup, it was still quite slow. But there is chance that i did it wrong, so i did not get speedup.

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Tried it. Messed something up though and only the coverart was availbe in moving pictures, didn't have any fanart. Scrolling through the movies was blazingly fast. After getting the fanart working again (both in dds format) the performance gain was minimal. I guess it's the fanart my htpc has trouble with, even with the default skin :(

I really wonder why the graphical engine in xbmc is so much more powerful? There I don't have any troubles scrolling through my movies. In xbmc I only have trouble with my remote, my anime, my music, my dts-ma .... (the list goes on).

mattroby

Portal Pro
    June 3, 2006
    Florida
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This might be the solution to my problem. My pc runs very hot (and loud!) when sitting in Basic Home (using StreamedMP). However, when I play a movie, even something in HD, it cools down.

I believe my CPU is processing all of the graphics, and therefore is working hard while on BasicHome. But then the nvidia GPU takes over when the video starts.

Now I just need to read this thread about 30 more times before I can actually figure out what to do next . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom