[ATI] grapgics/tv card not recognized (2 Viewers)

YarrowPyxie

Portal Member
July 10, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
ok. i had to recently get a new hard drive for my computer and decided to upgrade to windows 7 64 bit. what i didn't know was that my ati radeon 3600hd all in wonder graphics/tv card was going to be a pain in the butt. the graphics work just fine, the problem is the ati catalyst media software for my card isn't compatible with windows 7. now i've talked to ati support who said i could get two different drivers, one for graphics and one for tv. i installed both but when i downloaded and installed media portal, as they suggested as and alternative to their non working software, i go to the tv setup and it won't recognize my card. i've restarted and reinstalled the drivers several times to no avail. i was really looking forward to watching tv again as i've been without it for over a week now. is there any way to fix this issue?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi YarrowPyxie

Welcome to the forum! :)
    We haven't got a hope of diagnosing a problem like this without logs. Collecting logs is easy though if you use the watchdog. In your case, please use option 3 (export all currently present logs) to grab the logs, and then post them here.

mm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

My apologies for the delayed response. It does indeed look like TV Server is not able to recognise the tuner. Is the tuner listed in Device Manager, and does it work in WMC?

mm

YarrowPyxie

Portal Member
    July 10, 2011
    Home Country
    there is a listing for it under "other devices" in the device manager, Ntativlm61, but it has a question mark next to it and when i click on it though it says its working properly, theres no driver info. no date.version, etc. i downloaded and installed the drivers that the ati support people told me to. i dont have the media edition of windows so i can't test it in something i don't have

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

there is a listing for it under "other devices" in the device manager, Ntativlm61, but it has a question mark next to it...
    That means the device doesn't have drivers installed. I don't know anything about the card and I don't know what the ATI/AMD people have told you so I'm not really able to give you specific advice except to say "try installing the drivers again".
    :sorry:

This may not be ideal, but the best suggestion may actually be to go back to ATI/AMD, describe what you've done, and tell them that the driver they suggested hasn't installed properly. TV Server can't use a tuner when Windows hasn't got drivers for it...

mm

YarrowPyxie

Portal Member
    July 10, 2011
    Home Country
    i did that. i'm awaiting their response since they don't work weekends i'm sure. this is all so frustrating. it shouldn't be this complicated when everything worked just fine in xp sp3. because i had to get a new hard drive and wanted nothing to do with vista i thought everything would be ok. i'm gonna be suuuper pissed if this all comes down to me needing new tv card. the graphics part of my card is doing just fine. i do have room for a separate tv tuner on my motherboard but i just spent 360 bucks to get the new hard drive, win 7, and norton antivirus and labor to install it all. if i gotta spend another 100+ on a tv tuner i'm gonna be upset

p.s. thank you for your help though! and quick responses! i just wish i was more knowledgeable to have known this stuff sooner. and if i do need a new card i'm totally in the dark about what to get

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again YarrowPyxie

I really sympathize with you. Hopefully AMD can come back with some help that gets the drivers installed properly...
    Just out of interest: I tried to find the drivers for your card on AMD's driver website but it is *really* not clear whether the tuner drivers are included as part of the Catalyst pack or whether you're meant to get them from somewhere else. Where did AMD direct you to for the tuner driver when you contacted them last time?

mm

YarrowPyxie

Portal Member
    July 10, 2011
    Home Country
    well i lost my install disk. and when i initially contacted them they told me that the drivers for my graphics/tv card weren't supported in win7, nor was their catalyst media center, the program used to watch tv. i have since found out that i can download display drivers for the graphics that are compatible with win 7 and could use tv drivers for tvwonder 750. so i downloaded both sets of drivers. the graphics ones worked fine. i've installed the tv ones twice and the tv part of the card is still not recognized. i emailed them back to ask if maybe they told me the wrong tv drivers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom