Graphic at the top left of the page (1 Viewer)

manta1968

Portal Member
October 27, 2004
Northeast Ohio
I know this is trivial, but the graphic at the top left of the page has horrible transparency artifacts... With the graphics being such an outstanding feature of this program, I thought it was distracting. I've wanted to contribute to the project from day one, but I'm not a programmer, not even very good at graphics :) but I thought I'd try and clean that up.

Here is that try.
mp_logo.gif

It should fit perfectly in the cell at the top if the admin's want to use it.
Just my 2 cents worth...

Thanks!
Tim

manta1968

Portal Member
October 27, 2004
Northeast Ohio
Hey, thanks for using it. Now I don't want to be a stickler, but the cell above the logo should use this:
templates/Helius/images/btn_bg.gif
as the background image so that the dark line carries through all the way. :)

Thanks again.... I feel like a tiny little part of the team now.

Tim

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Tim,

Not critical, but just wondering why you didn't compose the graphic with a white background instead?

Mike

manta1968

Portal Member
    October 27, 2004
    Northeast Ohio
    Well, there is a drop shaddow under the logo. because PhotoShop anti-aliases the drop shaddow with the background, if you do it on a white background, you get the various shades of gray around the edge... when those are put against anything other than white background you get the "nasties"... kind of like a halo effect around the outer edge of the shadow.
    I guess I could have used a shade of blue as the background... then the halo effect would have been minimized, but the difference in file size between the one I used (the background pattern) and a blue one was only 1.2 k... so now the filesize is 6.2 kb instead of 5 kb...

Wow, long story for an explaination huh :)

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Tim,

The reason I asked is that the background color on this page is white. That is all, thanks for the info/explanation.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom