Graphic at the top left of the page (1 Viewer)

manta1968

Portal Member
October 27, 2004
Northeast Ohio
I know this is trivial, but the graphic at the top left of the page has horrible transparency artifacts... With the graphics being such an outstanding feature of this program, I thought it was distracting. I've wanted to contribute to the project from day one, but I'm not a programmer, not even very good at graphics :) but I thought I'd try and clean that up.

Here is that try.
mp_logo.gif

It should fit perfectly in the cell at the top if the admin's want to use it.
Just my 2 cents worth...

Thanks!
Tim

manta1968

Portal Member
October 27, 2004
Northeast Ohio
Hey, thanks for using it. Now I don't want to be a stickler, but the cell above the logo should use this:
templates/Helius/images/btn_bg.gif
as the background image so that the dark line carries through all the way. :)

Thanks again.... I feel like a tiny little part of the team now.

Tim

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Tim,

Not critical, but just wondering why you didn't compose the graphic with a white background instead?

Mike

manta1968

Portal Member
    October 27, 2004
    Northeast Ohio
    Well, there is a drop shaddow under the logo. because PhotoShop anti-aliases the drop shaddow with the background, if you do it on a white background, you get the various shades of gray around the edge... when those are put against anything other than white background you get the "nasties"... kind of like a halo effect around the outer edge of the shadow.
    I guess I could have used a shade of blue as the background... then the halo effect would have been minimized, but the difference in file size between the one I used (the background pattern) and a blue one was only 1.2 k... so now the filesize is 6.2 kb instead of 5 kb...

Wow, long story for an explaination huh :)

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Tim,

The reason I asked is that the background color on this page is white. That is all, thanks for the info/explanation.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Sorry to hear that you have to go to hospital. I hope that all wil be fine. In fact you have already all the information needed. The database name and the table name are the same than in mySQL for ArgusTV. How can I provide you the Backup file ?
    Sorry to hear that you have to go to hospital. I hope that all wil be fine. In fact you have already all the information needed...
    Hi. I like to introduce our latest tool, called "EPG-Buddy". This program should make EPG grabbing as easy as possible. Up to now a...
    Replies
    Views
    Hello guys , i have a little question about this project. I really want to use this project with the software "aurora" but i want to use it by USB connection (so without the ESP8266), and i'm wondering if it's possible. I plan to use it only with my computer so the USB is not a problem. I also plan to replace the LED by a LED strip ^^
    Hello guys , i have a little question about this project. I really want to use this project with the software "aurora" but i want...
    Hi, I would like to showcase a project of mine, that I have been working on for quite some time. What is it? AtmoOrb is a lamp...
    Replies
    Views
    Can I use your graphics files in my theme? I want to add support for reds.
    Can I use your graphics files in my theme? I want to add support for reds.
    Pulse8 - Theme for Titan Overview Pulse8 is a theme for Titan which places a 4x2 grid of buttons on each screen allowing for more...
    Replies
    Views
    There is Pioneer LX76 remote control, programmed from original MCE remote. On original MCE remote OK work in Kodi, but not shown in Degug Client too, like any other MCE buttons. As a workaround I reprogram OK button on Pioneer to another unused button from another remote and map it to {ENTER} on Translator.
    There is Pioneer LX76 remote control, programmed from original MCE remote. On original MCE remote OK work in Kodi, but not shown in...
    You can find on this thread an unnoficial release of IRSS, since is not more updated by the official team. the first goal of my...
    Replies
    Views
    Thread moved to public forum. Please note that the status of this thread is "Not open for further replies", which actually means team-members and plugin devs can reply, but others can not, hence it is "read only".
    Thread moved to public forum. Please note that the status of this thread is "Not open for further replies", which actually means...
    Dear community, I started this thread some time ago in the internal team forums, but we think it is time to share it with you. It...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom