Great app to stream videos to your iPhone/iPad (1 Viewer)

jmarc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hello all,

So you have your MP up and running, recordings are working great, and all these videos are carefully organised. You just wish that you could easily watch them on your iPhone or iPad since the kids or the wife are always busy with the TV.

Quite frankly, converting those video files and then syncing them with iTunes is a major pain, but thankfully there is a solution that I have just discovered: Airvideo! This great app lets you stream all your TS, MKV and DivX files straight from your MP machine to your iPhone and iPad, over Wi-fi and even 3G.

Only feature missing is the possibility to cache the videos on the device for offline watching but it's on the roadmap.

Find it here:

About Air Video

PS: this is not an ad, but simply a recommendation for a great product that IS addressing a user need!

Cheers,

GillBates

Portal Member
    September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Mexico Mexico
    Just wanted to pop in and thank you for the recommendation, the app is great and it's not expensive.

Thanks!

jmarc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Glad you like it! I use it all the time to quickly convert MP recordings and then watch them on the train on my iPhone , or to watch stuff when my wife or my kids are already using the TV.

I've tried it on my brother's iPad and it's great! I'm trying very hard NOT to buy one now :) The main reason I've found is that it's hard to hold while standing up on a crowded train ...

Cheers,

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    PS: this is not an ad, but simply a recommendation for a great product that IS addressing a user need!

I do not have a problem with this, its one poster spam with no relevance but free advertising we hate ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom